Saturday, February 16, 2008

Our Valentine




I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but we are celebrating this weekend because Brandon was gone most of the day Thursday and I had a cold. Kate got some Valentines this year, so she already loves this holiday! I made cookies and she got to eat a bite as her gift from us, she got a real valentine (you know the cards you gave everyone in your class) from her sweet friend Porter Finley, she got a card from her great grandmother, and a new toy from her Papa G and JoJo. Kate gave me and Brandon cards and big kisses. I have to say, I didn't care much about celebrating on Thursday because I felt like I had been hit by a truck, BUT, something about sweet Kate jumping up and down all day and saying "Mamamamama, Dadadadadada, and Bababababa" just made me so happy and I felt more loved than you would imagine by such a tiny little girl. Brandon thought ahead this year, he knew he would not be home, so he brought me flowers the day before. And, he knew I didn't feel good, so he came home and cooked dinner Thursday night. The biggest gift was letting me sleep a little later this morning while he got up with Kate and played for a while.

Papa G and JoJo came in town this weekend and we had a girls' afternoon yesterday. Jody and I got our hair cut while Kate played with us and everyone else in the salon. I hate it when Kate is staring at someone and "talking" to them and they completely ignore her. It seems like everyone could at least smile and then look away, but there was one woman who would not even look in our direction. I cannot help it when Kate stares, she gets her people watching skills from me, and she also turns her whole body so she can see them... there is no stopping it! When Brandon got home, we went to dinner with Papa G and JoJo and they got to see their first dining out experience with Miss Busybody! Kate's hands are everywhere! We had to move all silverware out of the way, all drinks out of the way, and definitely all plates out of reach!
Kate's new toy from Papa G and JoJo is a Walk and Ride Car. It is so cute, it is bright and has little toys all over it, and Kate has already had fun playing with it. It can be a car for her to ride on or to stand behind and push so she can try to walk. It moves a little faster than her feet can keep up with, but I am sure she will be moving that fast in no time! Above are a few pictures of her playing with it this morning.

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers