Thursday, November 13, 2008

What We Have Been Doing...


My babies snuggling in my lap. Kate still drinks her bedtime milk like a baby on me. There is no better feeling than having these kids curled up in my lap. I have to say that the jump from 1 to 2 is not half as bad as the jump from 0 to 1 was for me. It is like I just had to bounce back and keep being MaMa, and I feel like I am a better mom now that Kate is back in the house. It was hard to feel normal without her around last week! Even though she gave Blake a little stuffy nose, it is a treat to have her back. Also, having Brandon home has been a huge help. It is great to have one parent for each kid, and I have even left him alone with both a few times to get out and run errands and go to Kelly's baby shower.

Kate loves getting as close to Blake as possible. She loves to kiss him and help me burp him- which she thinks is an easy opportunity to hit him. He doesn't seem to mind her getting so close, he is a pretty happy camper most of the time.

Some Daddy time! Blake loves snuggling, so he will curl up on Brandon and lay there all day.

Hanging out in the swing. He sleeps a LOT, so we try to put him in the swing to see the world, but he would rather snooze. He has been doing pretty well with nights too- I am knocking on wood right now- he only wakes up twice to eat. He doesn't even wake up crying, he just grunts and moves around enough to wake me up, and when he is done eating, he goes right back to sleep. I am so used to Kate with her bad reflux, and I would feed her, hold her straight up for 30 minutes, then she would spit up, which woke her up, so I would rock her, and then it was practically time to eat again! I think God knew we have our hands full, so he must have spared us from reflux this time!

Some time awake just checking things out. He loves looking around and watching Kate play. I don't know that he can even see past his arms' length, but it always seems like he follows Kate with his eyes.
We have really been blessed lately by some wonderful friends who have brought us wonderful meals and saved us a LOT of trouble by not cooking and cleaning up dishes. We are about to pack up and "move" to Greenville for a few weeks while the outside of our building is completely renovated. Brandon will work with his family at their hardware store and I will be enjoying my babies with JoJo and Grandma Slagley I am sure! It will seem like a vacation for me to let the grandparents and great-grandparents love on these kids. We will have our camera and computer there to continue posting pictures.

4 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

AWE...SO cute!! Glad the transition was smooth. It's like riding a bike..you just DO IT the second time around. :-) Though the first time, I remember thinking 'how do people do this with other kids around'??

Sounds like you have a good one on your hands!!! :-)

now, go take a nap!

Emily said...

It was great to see you guys the other night. Blake was too precious. And, I loved watching Mason and Kate play or at least Kate try to play with Mason! :) We need to get together soon.

Wanting What I Have said...

He is BEAUTIFUL!!! So glad to hear you are doing well and that Kate is adjusting wonderfully!

Brittny said...

So cute!!! Brings back so many memories. And it sounds like your Brandon has a lot of time off, like our Brandon did. It was a HUGE help having him around all the time!!! Have fun and we'll keep checking up on you guys!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers