Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Picture Updates


I got a few pictures uploaded on our computer, and this was a must-show. Blake loves snuggling on Brandon! That beard would not be comfortable to me, but Blake falls right to sleep on him. When I get exhausted or frustrated, I can just hand Blake off to Brandon, and he calms right down. It is actually pretty annoying, but at least he gets quiet and happy!

We were trying to get a decent picture of the kids for a Christmas card... NOT an easy task with a 6 week old and 18 month old! Kate would be smiling and ready and Blake would cry, which freaked her out, and then she would cry, etc., etc. Anyway, we got Bailey in on the action and they both just stared at her! She had just been groomed and had these cheesy red bows in her hair, it was hilarious. If you had seen her just before the grooming, you would not recognize this dog. She had been living outside at my parents' house and had matted hair with stickers from bushes and who knows what else in her hair. She looks a little crazy here though.

This is one of my favorites! I wanted to put this on our Christmas card and say "Joy to the World." I just had to get a cute one for the card though, so I thought I would at least share this funny one on here. He was really upset and it totally threw Kate for a loop! She did not want him touching her while he was upset. I love that she has the bottom lip all the way out and he is beet red from screaming his brains out!
Life has been nice back at our house. It is a little tough having Blake in the room with us though. He sleeps about a foot from my head, so I hear every little whimper. He is not lasting longer than 3 hours (maybe 4, if we are lucky) in between feeds at night. I am so tired of people asking, "Do you want to know how I got my 6 week old to sleep through the night?" NO, because I cannot let my baby cry it out when he is right next to me and waking up Kate. If I am going to sit through his crying and it just wakes Kate up, it is a lost cause. I am at least trying to establish a routine during the day and let him get used to putting himself to sleep in his bed for naptimes instead of me rocking him or just putting him in the swing. Maybe that will teach him to like his bed at night. Last night, he was screaming and it had not even been 3 hours yet, and I seriously told Brandon that I was moving his cradle to the laundry room and shutting the door. I didn't do it, don't worry... but that option is not entirely out of the question!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh that picture is too hilariously precious. I can't get over their faces! So funny.

Jennifer and Michael said...

I love the picture of Blake screaming and Kate's pouty lip. Oh and I also 100% support you putting him in the laundry room! I remember how much of a relief it was to kick Liam out of our room, I did not realize how much he was keeping me up at night between feeds! He doesn't know that his "new" bedroom is the laundry room! Love you!

Brittny said...

I love the option #2 for the Christmas card! As for sleeping through the night, how big is your bathroom? I'm not kidding. We had to put Sophie in our bathroom b/c she would snore and I never got any sleep. Or we'd put her in the living room right outside our room at night and then pull her in our room during the day. I don't know if you were looking for an idea, but that's what worked for us. Good luck with whatever you end up doing! I love hearing how your family is doing!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers