Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mid-Week Date Night




Who says it has to be a weekend for a date night? Brandon has been working a lot lately and was on call for a lot of the weekend... so I planned a special night last night. I had planned on making some yummy quesadillas, but he called in the afternoon and said he wanted to eat leftovers (I never like to eat leftovers, but he acts like it is a new meal every time). So, we had a good repeat dinner, and then we put the kids to bed. We got The Unit Season 4, Disc 1 in the mail from Netflix yesterday, and we have been waiting to see it- we love that show. Once the kids were in bed, we fixed a bowl of ice cream and a glass of wine, then we curled up on the couch and watched all 4 episodes on Disc 1. It was so nice, and we should do that more often. I always feel bad asking my parents to come watch the kids if we are going to be out for awhile, because they both work. And, we really can't afford to pay a babysitter AND go out on a date... so we improvised and had a "date" at home. I highly recommend watching The Unit if you haven't already- it is a show that both of us like, and that is hard to find!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I need to make a habit out of watching The Unit. Every time I have caught one episode, I always enjoy it. Mark and I have been enjoying The Good Wife as well. It is hard to find a show that you both like- props to having a date night at home. We do that a lot :)

Caroline Bobo said...

Ya'll are too cute! Such a great idea to have a little mid week date! I almost like those dates better anyways!

LB said...

that sounds like us. I am gone on Thursday nights, so every Friday night we save dinner until Ada is in bed, then we eat dinner together on the couch while we watch all the Thursday night shows that we missed--The Office, Community, etc. It's our weekly "date."

Is that hot chocolate flavored ice cream? That looks so good!

Jennifer and Michael said...

What a great idea! I am glad that you had some down time together.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers