Saturday, August 20, 2011

Maybe Weakness Isn't So Bad

This post is to remind MYSELF of God's truth. The past week, the "big kids" have driven me CRAZY... is that horrible to admit? I think they are stir crazy, tired of summer, and bored with me. So, they pull out every toy they own, destroy everything I have just cleaned, get toothpaste all over the bathroom sink, tear up paper into tiny pieces to "decorate" their room, etc, etc. I have lost my patience, been visibly frustrated, sent them to time out just so I wouldn't yell at them, and broken down in tears. You would think a newborn would be the "thorn in my side" at the moment- NOPE, she has been sweet. She has started spitting up some, a little fussy sometimes, but she still sleeps well and snuggles like a champ. I told a friend that I would love a day just with the baby, that would be a vacation from these wild kids. Not to discredit how hard one child is, I know how hard babies are, whether you have 1 or 3! It hasn't helped that Brandon has been on a bad rotation at work this month, the first two weeks were night shift, and now he just has long days and works all weekend. He is helpful when he is home, so it hurts not to have him!
This morning I sat down with coffee to do my quiet time, and I was reminded that I should be thankful even in times like this! I need Him to remind me that when I feel the weakest, I should be relying solely on HIM! He is using these times to draw me closer to Him.
2 Corinthians 12:9-10- "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, 'I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

5 comments:

The Morrisons said...

Right there with you! My boys are so wild, I feel like I lose my cool often. I just keep sending them outside hoping it will help, but they run, jump, and stomp all over my house. AHhhhhh ;) One baby after having three is definitely a vacation.

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh sweet friend... hang in there. Your children are so blessed to have a mama like you-seeking strength from the Lord. Praying for you today.

Gina Harris said...

Yep, right there with you! Luke has been destroying everything too...can't keep a house straight to save my life, so I can only imagine having 2 destroyers! :)

Kimmie said...

I think ANY mom can relate to what you are saying!! i only have 2 but believe me isaac sometimes acts like your two older ones COMBINED! :) i'm out of town right now but when i get back let's hang out...we can vent and encourage eachother.

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

amen sister!
these moments won't last forever... even though it seems like it most of the time! wish i was there to take them off your hands... or bring you a bottle of barefoot :) thanks for being honest and transparent... its refreshing!
love you
katie

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers