Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not An April Fools...

SURPRISE!!!

We are going to have another baby! We are expecting baby #2 on November 7th! We are very excited and we are thrilled to be sharing the news now. We have told a few people here and there, but I figured this was the best way to broadcast the news- it is hard to call and tell everyone without someone finding out before others and hurting feelings, etc.,etc.. So- no hard feelings if there was no phone call, this was the easiest way to tell!
I am almost 9 weeks and I feel OK... not great. So far it has at least been easier to not let it consume me because I am so busy with Kate. By the way, they will be 17 months apart! (And I think I am busy now...) I am also thankful that Kate is still little enough that when I am getting sick, I can toss her into her highchair or crib and I know she is not getting into anything she shouldn't be! We went for an ultrasound 2 weeks ago, but things looked a little small, so we waited and got another ultrasound today and everything is going great. We decided to go ahead and tell now instead of waiting because we can't keep a secret very long, and I probably already am showing (my stomach wasn't even flat from Kate yet) and people just think I am packing on the pounds! I know many people are thinking we are crazy, but we can't wait for the fun we are going to have. Kate has been such a joy and a blessing, we know that the Lord has provided and will provide for our family at every step in the road! Please keep us in your prayers for a healthy pregnancy and another healthy, beautiful baby!

13 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

CONGRATS!!! Very exciting! You can do it. I will say I think going from 1-2 is a little harder than 2-3....but it's so much fun! I wouldn't mind one or two more! hehe

Robin said...

I am so excited for you! Another pregnant buddy :)

Milla said...

So exciting!! I'm happy to hear the news!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Our first 2 girls are 16 months apart and we liked it so much that are 2nd and 3rd are 19 months apart!
That is wonderful news!

LB said...

oh wow, Congratulations Lindsey!!! That's crazy but so exciting. Wow. I think Ann's children are about 17 months apart. When is your due date? You might have mentioned this, and I just didn't notice.

LB said...

by the way, I didn't mean ya'll were crazy, just crazy news...I think it's super exciting:)

Amber said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you, Brandon, and Kate! You can be crazy with me! I will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby. We need to get together sometime soon. I hope you start feeling better. I think the hardest part is feeling super tired and having a little one....but I am feeling so much better. Hopefully you will too in just a few weeks! Again, congratulations!

Kristin said...

Lindsey! Oh my goodness-congratulations! :) I think I found your blog through facebook, and I've enjoyed "keeping up" with y'all through it. That's exciting news!

mamahenn said...

Lindsey- You may remember me from Briarwood- Melanie Wise, Anyways- that is so exciting and you will do so well. Mine are 14 1/2 months apart and it is so fun to see them love one another. I am glad that you are blogging- it is fun to keep up with old friends! Can't wait to check back and see what it is! Congrats!! Melanie

Courtney said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys!

Lindsey said...

Lindsey, that is wonderful news!! Congrats to you all!

jane said...

i am tickled to death for y'all! sometimes you just have to dive in head first and know it will be wonderful after you catch your breath!
keep you in our prayers-
jane

Melissa said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I don't think you are crazy at all for having them close together!! I would love to have another one in the upcoming year or so. They will be so close:-) At least the hard part of experiencing the 'firsts' (getting used to running on no sleep, crying spouts, diaper explosions, etc)will be more familiar the second time around. I enjoyed reading your blog---and I agree--it makes me feel like we are having a conversation! Milla got me hooked on blogging:-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers