Monday, April 7, 2008

Silly Girl


I was doing dishes the other day and when I was finishing putting dishes in cabinets, this is what I found! She had climbed up onto the door and took a seat playing with dishes. I have learned that I have to put up silverware first- her hands are everywhere! She can climb stairs now too- she stayed at my parents' house this past weekend and they climbed tons of stairs. She is climbing and trying so hard to walk, but she can crawl so fast that she gives up on the walking after a while.

Kate was playing in her toy box and she got really quiet, so I think she either is chewing on something she is not supposed to be chewing on, or she is pooping... but she was just deep in thought over her reflection. I guess she thought she needed to get closer and closer just to see if it was really her! This is the toy that we think taught her to growl... it says "Orange Lion, Roar!" Then, she starts growling at you and she thinks she is funny.
We went to the doctor earlier today and her ear infection is GONE! But- she has developed some bad habits at night of waking up and crying so I will come into her room. Dr. Peters told me to put her in bed, put in some earplugs, and don't go in again until the next morning. Yikes! We will see how that goes!

6 comments:

LB said...

oh that's so hard, to actually go through with not going in there when they cry!! I am never very successful at it.

Allyson said...

Good luck at making it through the night! I am sure that will be VERY difficult! And I loved the mirror picture! How are you feeling?

The Slagleys said...

We made it through tht night!!! I put in earplugs and I only heard her through them once or twice. I am sure our neighbors love us though! I am actually feeling ok- still not as rough as it was with Kate, so I am thankful! Thanks for asking!

The Wilbanks said...

She is so cute!!!! I am excited for Cade to get that age!

Unknown said...

I feel your pain. Dr. Peters told me to do the same thing and holding the pillow over my head just isn't cutting it! Where did you get your earplugs?

The Slagleys said...

I stole Brandon's hunting earplugs, but I think he got them from the sporting dept. at Walmart or at Marks Outdoors. They are bright orange and they are foam so you pinch them, stick them in, and they expand... they have worked for me!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers