Wednesday, August 27, 2008

One Last Trip


We took a chance going down to the beach during "Hurricane Fay," but we had some pretty nice weather afterall! We played outside the whole weekend, even when it was sprinkling a little. We even made it into the ocean a time or two.

Melanie, me, and Elizabeth enjoying our relaxing day! We met some people down there, and one crazy man (who had been drinking beer ALL day long) completely missed the fact that I was pregnant. I went inside and Dee and Elizabeth tried to explain the dynamics of our group and said, "the pregnant girl is married to the other guy here." To which the old drunk guy replied, "She was pregnant?" How sad is that? He was either really drunk or just thought I had a nice gut on me! There was another man by the hot tub all day who had such a huge belly that his belly button looked flat/poked out a little like mine!

Getting ready to go eat on Friday night. We enjoyed some good food!

Had to get the girls picture again. (Who knows what I had dripped on my belly, it tends to catch most spills these days!)
We went to the beach with some college friends from Thursday to Sunday and left Kate with Brandon's aunt and uncle in Montgomery. They had said it would be fun to keep her sometime, but little did they know that I would be calling to ask! Kate had a blast with them, and it seemed like they enjoyed having her too. It was so nice to get away and sleep in (even though my body won't let me sleep past about 8:30) and have nothing to do. I am so used to worrying about having Kate's milk and breakfast at a certain time, naptimes, lunch at a certain time, etc. that it was hard to not live by a schedule this weekend. I did only allow myself one phone call a day to check on her, and I stuck to it. It is funny how guilty I felt when I was enjoying myself, knowing that she would have had a blast too. This was really the last time that Brandon and I would be able to get away by ourselves (not really alone, but without a child) before Blake gets here, so we made sure to relax and enjoy our trip. We were glad to get home and see our sweet girl though!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That's great that you guys were able to get away. I know what you mean about mixed emotions though. It's hard to switch back to life before kids sometimes. But, it's also really good to have time alone too. I hope you are feeling okay.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers