Monday, March 2, 2009

Snowy Sunday

I woke up to feed Blake at 4:30 Sunday morning and noticed that all the weather channels were saying we were under Winter Storm Advisory- so I woke Brandon up to tell him. :) He got up to look out the window and told me there was snow all over the ground, but I didn't look until later in the morning. It was so nice when we got up around 8 to open the blinds and the white outside made the windows so bright. I do think it is funny that 2 inches of snow constitutes a Winter Storm Advisory. This is what our yard looked like when we got up.
Blake got a new exer-saucer from Papa G and JoJo, so he played in that while we all got geared up to go outside. He loves being in the saucer or jumperoo- he just bounces up and down and coos. He is much happier with some sleep on board.

I thought this picture was pretty because you can see the snowflakes in her hair. She had so much fun playing in the snow that she cried when we took her inside. She doesn't have any snow clothes or shoes, so I couldn't let her play for too long.

Everyone needs a kiss in the snow! Kate loves kissing Blake, so she came up to us and said, "I kiss." Blake didn't really know what to think about the snow, but he was a champ to let me carry him around for a little bit while it was snowing to let his sister play.

This is what it looked like when we took her inside. She was so sad that we couldn't play all day. She immediately went inside and stomped her feet like a Grade A Brat, but she had to have a little time out to clear her attitude up. We enjoyed staying in all day and playing, sewing, watching movies, baking cookies, etc. It is great to have a snow day and still have power! Just wanted to show you some pictures!

1 comment:

Jennifer and Michael said...

I have just spent some time reading your blog, our computer has been down so it has been a while. I had some good chuckles and really enjoyed the pics of Blake and Kate. How big both of them have gotten. I miss you guys so much! hugs and kisses to all!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers