Sunday, April 12, 2009

A Big Weekend

We had a big weekend! Brandon's brother, Christopher, came in town on Friday to help us get started moving- and the fun began! They moved the washer and dryer in, re-wired the outlets and light switches throughout the WHOLE house, hung our new window shades and started moving anything they could get their hands on. I stayed at the old place packing whatever I could while my mom kept the kids, but then I got to go out to eat with my family since Brandon was too busy to stop. My parents kept Kate overnight, so we got to get started first thing Saturday morning with no little hands pulling out what you just packed! Brandon's parents and other 2 brothers came in town Saturday with more furniture from storage and got us moved in quickly. We started off organized, but the day ended with a lot of random stuff being thrown into whatever box was closest. You just get tired of packing and just want to get it done. We spent Saturday night at the new house and I loved getting in the bed, turning on the tv for just a minute and passing out with no kids in the room! Blake didn't do too badly, he woke up at 4:30 to eat, and not again until 7:30. I tried to let him cry it out, but I heard Kate wake up from his crying and I decided it was just not worth it to get her stirred up too.
By the way- Kate is in a BIG GIRL BED! In the last week, she has tried to climb out of her crib a few times, so I decided that it may be a good time to make the switch. She slept all night in it last night and climbed right in tonight. Let's hope it continues to go well. She is loving the space here, she basically runs circles around the house giggling and squealing. It is cute, but it might get old pretty soon. I am just ready to get some boxes out of the way so I don't worry about her falling all day long.
The main reason this weekend was big is that we celebrated the resurrection of our Lord! It was so neat to look up and see the 3 crosses at church with a beautiful white cloth hanging on the center cross. He is risen! And that alone is proof that the Word of God is true! We celebrated Easter with both families and had a great time. Kate was spoiled by everyone and we all ate very well. I hope everyone remembered the reason we celebrate Easter and enjoyed it with friends or family!

2 comments:

Emily said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats on moving in, Linds, and way to stick it out for so long! Being in a shoebox ourselves, I know I will be ecstatic when the day comes that we are in a house again! ENJOY that space and gorgeous kitchen and, most importantly, your own room!

Rosemary and Tim said...

Hey Lindsey! I come across your blog every now and then. Your two kids are ADORABLE and I know life is busy busy. Congratulations on your new house and good luck with all your projects! The kitchen looks awesome!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers