Monday, April 6, 2009

A Preview




This is a picture of our new kitchen... before we got our hands on it! When I said the counters were yellow- I meant YELLOW! Brandon's parents and a family friend/handyman came up to help us work on the new house today. My friend Lee Ann kept both of the kids all day so we could get some work done. The men ripped out the old counters and put in the new ones while Jody and I painted the kids' bedrooms. Things took a little longer than we expected, but it is going to be time well spent! We have one more coat of paint to do in Blake's room and we need to paint 2 or 3 more rooms sometime tomorrow- it should be interesting trying to find a time to do it all. The house is being professionally cleaned on Wednesday and then we start moving in Friday!!!
I could not be more excited about moving in, just for the very reason of Blake having his own room. Last night, Blake did not sleep more than 45 minutes to an hour at a time- I thought I was going to scream. He has a cold and he just cannot breathe, so he had to sleep laying on me while I sat up straight. It is time for his own room. Scratch that- it is past time. I wouldn't let him cry too much since he is sick, but I also wouldn't hear every little grunt and whimper and I may just sleep myself.
Anyway, I will post some new pictures when we are done with the work on the house.

7 comments:

Mary Beth said...

yay! congratulations on the house! i know you will be so relieved

Wanting What I Have said...

I think you should have left those yellow counter tops! :) Can't wait to see what y'all do!

chandler said...

Slagley family! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to see it.

Robin said...

Wow, you weren't kidding about the counter tops! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Amanda said...

Love it! This stuff gets me so excited. Can't wait to see what yall do. My thought is "bring on the ugly any day". You will be so proud and accomplished once you have finished it!

Emily said...

That's awesome about the new house. Where is it located? We will have to come see you guys once you get settled in.

Jennifer and Michael said...

Yup, that sure is yellow! Glad things are going well. I can't wait for you to have a room just for Blake too! Will there be a place for me to sleep if I ever make it back to the South again. That would be so much fun!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers