Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things

This is Blake's "lovey" or "Lamby" that he sleeps with. I have been letting him cry it out for a little bit now and he has done great so far (except for when he is sick). I noticed that he was losing interest in his pacifier, which makes me very happy since I am dreading taking it away from Kate. *Side note- she only gets her pacifier for naps and bedtime, but she frequently talks about/begs for/throws fits for it anyway.* Anyway, I realized what was soothing him instead of it, and it is Lamby! He loves his Lamby, but he is chewing the ears right off of it. Do you see the funky dark colored ears? That is straight out of the washing machine!!! I am loving this though because it is truly soothing him. I guess I will just keep washing it and buy new ones when they get too gross to stand.




My roses make me happy! And, that big tomato that will be ripe soon makes me very happy too! Do you see the rose that is about to bloom in front of the tomato plant? We take walks everyday to look at our plants, since Kate "helped" plant them. It is nice to show her the pretty flowers and see how excited she gets. The kids are feeling better today, but we are still laying low to rest before a fun July 4th weekend!

*New (er) Post Below

2 comments:

Brittny said...

how funny!!!! christopher has the same exact lamby!!!! he is OBSESSED with it! he has a froggy too and has needed both of them to sleep and feel comforted since he was blake's age. go ahead and get a back up and swap them out b/c he will tell the difference if you try to bring out a new one. we got a backup and christopher would toss it away b/c it was "new lamby" and he wanted "old lamby". that was until we lost it in target, i spent an hour looking for it and "new" became "old." we got another new one and he won't have anything to do with it either. even though they felt the same at the time. but it's cute to see someone else shares a love for the lamb!

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

you are hilarious - i'm pretty sure i know the coolest thing y'all have done too... want to take another trip soon? :) craving some cheese dip and tequila :)lets leave tomorrow...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers