Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Buddies




These kids crack me up! They are really enjoying each other these days. Kate gets a big kick out of playing with/torturing Blake, and he gets a kick out of all the attention. She loves dressing up- notice the nice dress over some pink play pants- and putting her dress up stuff on Blake too. If I hear her giggling and him whining, I know that she has put something on his head, and today it was her mesh laundry bag. She also wants to go with me to get him from naptimes, and I let her get in his crib to play and she pretended to put him "night night." He is doing his whiny face saying, "get her out of here." I really think this is getting more fun everyday. But, they are wearing me out. That Kate is something else. She just decided that she didn't want to sleep in her big girl bed last night and cried, screamed, and threw herself against her door until after midnight. She said she wanted to sleep in Mommy's bed- which she has NEVER done in her life- so I was not giving in. Until Brandon reminded me that the morning was coming sooner than we would like and we needed sleep, however we could get it. So she slept with us for the first time, and then today she got a night light so she would have no reason to be afraid, and she is quiet so far... fingers crossed. Anyway, sometimes I couldn't smile more because of them, and sometimes I want to sell them on Craigslist.











4 comments:

The Barkers said...

So sweet!!

The Hill Family said...

let me just tell you, it only gets better/worse. Huett and Sam are inseparable which is great, but when they go from friends to enemies, it gets pretty rough. When a true fight ensues, I am forced to flash forward 10 years when they are teenagers and old enough to really hurt each other( add in a 3rd boy and it will really be on!) But still, they have like their own little bodyguards in one another b/c they totally take up for each other at church/school etc., around other kids. If someone messes with one, the other will bow up like a little neanderthal and prepare to fight. It's amazing how those feelings are instilled in them at such a young age and without any outside encouragement. Anyway just know that I know what you're going through. Its a blast and a pain.

Oh yeah, I'll get back to you sometime about the great breastpump swap ( I totally wish I had some excuse not to breastfeed b/c I am not looking forward to it at all) My next dr. appt is Aug. 24 so I may try to get it then. I'll get back to you on that

Jennifer and Michael said...

So true!

Emily said...

Linds, hilarious pictures and stories. I like how you summed it all up, too. At least you chose craigslist instead of ebay- you'd at least see the person you were selling them to... :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers