Monday, April 26, 2010

Sharing




We have been working on sharing lately, and I got some rare pictures of the kids trying to share candy, of all things. Having them so close together has given them no choice but to share, which is nice, but we all need a little reminder to share every once in a while. Sometimes, it is sharing a toy, sometimes a sippy cup when we are out and I can only find one (I don't care though, I would rather have them sick at the same time anyway), and sometimes it is sharing someone's attention. I feel bad- I have been busy sewing lately and I know that they are craving my attention when they want to just sit in my lap while I monogram things. I am trying to share time with them, time with Brandon when he is off, and time sewing... which is why this blog has been a little bare lately. And to be honest, I just don't have anything exciting to blog about. Give me a week to a month and I will have a new neice and a new nephew to show you!
I have to admit that today I didn't feel very good, and I have been VERY impatient and snappy with the kids. I love having such a talker in Kate- she makes me smile or laugh right when I need it! Earlier, I told her that I was sorry that I had lost my temper and she said, "That's ok, but where is your temperature? Can you find it?" I laughed because she had no idea what a temper was, and she was already over the fact that I had hurt her feelings. Also, sometimes God uses that little girl to change my heart in a second. I was so frustrated getting them into bed and was waiting for her to come back to her room to get her pajamas on (after she did a naked lap through the house screaming "naked jaybird"), and right as I was about to scream at her, she ran in and hugged me and said, "I love you this much." My entire mood changed in a second, and I thought of Proverbs 15:1, "A gentle answer turns away wrath..." Her sweet words turned away my bitter frustration in a second. I am thankful for these babies that teach me more than I ever knew was possible. I promise I won't go so long before the next post!

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers