Friday, June 25, 2010

Everyday Stuff

Blake loves to dance, even if it is to Justin Bieber on the Today Show. I laughed so hard because the band's dancers were all over the stage and waving arms around, so that is exactly what Blake did!



Brandon collapsed after a call night, and the kids were running all around him and screaming... he didn't budge! He is finishing his last week as an intern this week! On to brighter days and less call nights!


Blake has been getting his incisor teeth- the pointy canine teeth- and has been a little whiny. One morning, he was up so early that he was exhausted by 9, and this is what I found around 10 am... a sleeping Blake with the world moving all around him. I guess he takes after his daddy in the sleep department.



We watched John Burke the other morning, and he is one easy/happy baby! Kate was a big helper, and I had to beg her to let me hold him. If I didn't have to carry it, Kate took care of it, and it was as easy as this one, I may think I could handle another one now! I think we will wait.

Blake is getting more independent these days too. He was a little bit of a plumber this day. He wants to feed himself- which is why he is only wearing a diaper- and has started pitching some nice fits. He is doing well with time out. I set him in his room and tell him that we do not pitch fits and when he is done he can say he is sorry. I really was doing it for consistency reasons, but he actually does calm down and walk into the room I am in and says, "Soddy." Funny little guy!

3 comments:

The Hill Family said...

My power blinked off yesterday during nap time and I rushed to silence the birds and I thought of you! Glad to see you are doing well!

Emily said...

Congrats to Brandon!! That is hilarious about Blake falling asleep. I think if one of my girls randomly fell asleep like that, they might get stepped on...
OK, I am also just in awe of Kate's eyes- they are amazing! Happy birthday to that sweet girl, too!!

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh my goodness. Kate is gorgeous! And Blake is precious, as well. Glad y'all are doing well and congrats for making it through the intern season!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers