Sunday, September 5, 2010

Trees of Goodness

This morning I was praying for friends who are suffering with where they are in life, have just lost a baby, longing for a baby, lost a loved one, etc., and I saw a verse in my devotion book, Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young (the real book that should get credit is The Bible though!). Isaiah 61:3 says, "He has sent me to comfort all those who are sad and to help the sorrowing people of Jerusalem. I will give them a crown to replace their ashes, and the oil of gladness to replace their sorrow, and clothes of praise to replace their spirit of sadness. Then they will be called Trees of Goodness, trees planted by the Lord to show His greatness." Anyway, I was so encouraged by our Father's renewing grace and how He alone can provide the gladness when all we can feel is sorrow, and the praise to replace sadness. I hope this verse reminds you of His love too. And I hope that I can look to this verse the next time I am feeling down, and be called a Tree of Goodness instead of wallowing in my own sadness (because that is what usually happens :)).

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers