Friday, July 15, 2011

Morgan May Slagley

These kids are so proud to announce the arrival of Morgan May Slagley, born Tuesday at 11:06 am.







I was induced around 6:40 in the morning, and let myself feel painful contractions until about 8:20 until I got the epidural... why wait? It was STRONG! Stronger than my other two epidurals have been, so I couldn't feel much of anything, until I shifted and felt pressure very low and thought I might need to let me nurse know. When I did, she told me we could let the kids back in to say goodbye until after we met Morgan, she was ready to go! It was kind of crazy fast, but we knew once she was coming, she was going to be quick. Two pushes later, she was screaming in front of me. It was so surreal, I was still waiting to exert any sort of effort, but she was already here... thank you epidural (and two other kids to pave the way)! She looked little from the start, and she was our smallest, at 6 pounds 10 ounces. I am a little partial to the smaller ones anyway with my NICU nursing history. :)



They got everything ready for visitors and the kids came running back in. I had so much fun introducing them to their new sister. Their faces were so sweet and excited. Kate's hasn't changed since, Blake has already lost a little interest.















Our new normal...



































There is not a better moment than the one where you meet your sweet baby. I just stared at her and tried to see who she looks like- still can't tell you! I see Kate and I see Blake, I see me, and I see Brandon. She is her own little person!
















We got settled into our room upstairs and the kids got to come marvel at her again. See Kate's super smile?












There is the super smile again! She is really good at holding Morgan, she stays still until she tells you she is ready to move. Blake will hold her for a minute until something else comes along, then he bails.












Sweet sisters.

















Sweet brother!













Getting her first bath. Kate got to help with the lotion after the bath, and she loved it!









We got home yesterday, and we are starting to adjust to life with 3 kids! Thank you for all the calls, texts, and emails- we are so thankful for a healthy sweet girl.

8 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

LOVE the pics!! so sweet!

Caroline Bobo said...

Congrats on Baby Morgan!! Precious moments ya'll captured!!!

Amanda said...

Congrats!!! What a doll! So glad everything went quickly for you!

Family Snodgrass said...

Congratulations, Slagleys! So happy for y'all!

Wanting What I Have said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Those pictures remind me of where we were when Little Bit arrived. What an amazing adventure! I am so happy for you!!! Congrats! She is beautiful, just like her Mama!

the finley family said...

baby morgan is so pretty!!! you all look great! i wish we were there to come meet her :(. so thankful everything went so smoothly... GOD is GOOD!!! we love you all and will check back often for more pics! kate is so cute with her big smile!!

Elizabeth and David said...

Congratulations friends. So happy everything went smoothly. Love Kate's expressions,she looks like a very proud sister. Love you guys.

Confessions said...

congratulations lindsey and brandon!! i ADORE that picture of kate holding morgan. Oh, i just MELT! i am so happy for your sweet family.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers