Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sweet Kate


This is Kathryn Phyllis Slagley, "Kate." This picture is about the best picture to describe her personality... funny. She is a busy-body, even though she can't walk yet. She sits and reaches for whatever she wants, and she doesn't care if she has to fall off of the couch to get it. She also plays in her crib while I do things in her room, and now she can pull up, stand and jump in her crib... time to lower the mattress!
Some days I think I cannot handle another minute of carrying her everywhere or trying to entertain her so I can do something around the house, but then she smiles like in this picture and makes me realize that this is my life now, and I am thankful that I get to play with her on the floor. I have always heard people talk about "seasons" of life, and I have never really changed seasons quite like this! Marriage was a huge change, but at least I could talk to Brandon about it and get a response. This season is the busiest, most sleepless, and most rewarding season of my life yet. The only thing Kate says when I want to chat about how much my life has changed is, "babababa" or "mamamama." By the way, that was her Christmas present to me... she said "mama" on Christmas Eve for the first time! We are working on "dada" for Brandon- she will get it soon! If only his name was Bob!

1 comment:

Ole Miss Mom said...

Welcome to the blogging world Lindsey! It is so much fun! I can't wait to read everything Kate is (and will be) doing!!

Lindsay McClellan

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers