Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What a mess!

We go to a couples' Bible study every Monday night where childcare is provided- I know, a dream come true! But- the older kids are pretty wild and I am always nervous that Kate will get trampled if I leave her with the sitters... so I have never left her in their care, until now. She used to be just fine with us in the Bible study, but now she babbles and tries to talk to us the entire time, so I usually just walk out with her and play in the room next door. Brandon has been saying for a while that we just need to put her with the babysitters and enjoy the time we actually have with each other. Last night was the big night, so we found the babysitter and handed Kate over! We made it through the singing, through the prayer requests, and almost to the prayer, and then the babysitter walks in holding Kate and says, "I don't want to interrupt, but..." Kate was quiet so I didn't know why she needed me until I saw the brown all over Kate's pants and spilling out of the top of her diaper in the back. She was holding her hand out just in case it kept coming, and Kate was just as happy as she could be! Everyone laughed as I ran out in time to save the carpet.
When I got Kate stripped down in the bathroom, she was giggling and standing up holding the cabinet door just staring at me. She was COVERED! I was surprised she even had clean shoes! I had just been talking to Stephanie (whose home we use for Bible study) about going through her daughters' old clothes and taking some for Kate, and now we really needed the clothes more than ever! I got Kate into some fresh clothes (thank you Adcocks!) and back into the playroom just in time for the lesson to be ending. So much for our time together in the Bible study! We will try again next week! On a lighter note, she did great while she was playing with the big kids- no trampling (that I know of)!

No comments:

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers