Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Little Copycat


Kate steals my phone and says, "Hey, Baby!" I am not sure where she got this obsession with the phone. :) I guess when I answer Brandon's calls, I say, "Hey, Babe," so she copies me and says the same thing. It is really funny because she knows how to open the phone and hold it right up next to her ear. I picked Kate up at the nursery today and she was in the swing. When she saw me at the door, she waved and said, "Hey, baby!" I just laugh because she really copies everything now. I always call her "baby" and now she calls me the same thing! We were just talking at Bible study about how kids copy you and watch your every move; what a way to see how you really act!

It was a big day for eating too! We are all officially over the stomach bug at our house... after spreading it to my brother-in-law, my brother, both grandparents, and my dad! That bug was a beast! Kate usually does NOT eat vegetables (on purpose), but tonight she ate carrots and green beans like a champ! I would take a bite and say, "Mmm, yummy" and then she would eat and say "Mmm, Nummy-num!" She said this the other day when she saw a Subway commercial... how weird is that? She has never eaten Subway or even seen one. She just knows that is what we say with food to try to get her to eat, which usually does not work.
We have been trying to show Kate about praying before meals, and usually Brandon and I hold hands, but Kate felt a little left out and kept trying to pull our hands apart, so we started folding our hands. The other night, she didn't really catch on at first, but during the prayer, I peaked and she was trying to figure out how to fold her hands like we were... so precious! I really do pray that she picks up some good habits instead of learning impatience, quick tempers, and other bad habits that she sees a little too much. We learned very quickly almost 4 years ago that marriage brings out your true personality and your sinfulness, but we had no idea the kind of mirror that would be up to us as parents! Kate teaches us so much every single day, and we are so thankful for her!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

Glad you are all over your bug! It hit us too! It was a beast!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers