Sunday, September 21, 2008

A Packed Weekend


My sister, my mom, and me at a tailgate for the Auburn game. I wish the final score was different, but we had a really fun day! I did actually have a girl say to me that she can't wait to be pregnant so she can get big and fat and waddle around... that was not my favorite comment! Sometimes you just have to laugh at things people say and realize that they have no idea what it sounds like, or realize that they may be drunk. I took Kate over to Brandon's parents in the morning and I went to tailgate for the whole day with NO worries. They were so excited to keep her, and I was excited to not chase her around a tailgate. Brandon was in charge of the grill and I knew I would want to be free to visit with people and not run around after Kate. I saw tons of friends that we never get to see and I also got to walk around campus a little- I miss being in Auburn! Kate had a blast with Papa-G and JoJo, they wore her out and she slept like a log Saturday night.

We made it back into Birmingham just in time to have a small shower for me and Blake. I have some sweet friends that made such an effort to make me feel special! This was the diaper cake that Krystle made- so cute and so useful (when you take it apart)!

Kelly was obsessed with us taking pictures of being pregnant together, so here is one after the shower.

Notice I am not smiling that much here... I am a little tired of the belly pictures! She wanted a back-to-back picture and now I think it was just to make her feel better about herself. Wow, a side view makes me feel enormous!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow you and your mom and sis look just alike! Glad you had a great weekend in Auburn. I miss being there too :)

Emily said...

That's awesome that you were able to go to the AU game. You look great. I can't believe what people will say to pregnant women. We were planning on it but it just didn't work out. I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the shower. Bret was getting back in town this weekend and Mason ran fever all weekend until Sunday. I guess it's just one of those fever viruses b/c it would get up to 103.5 then go back down. I hope you got a lot of great stuff.

Mary Beth said...

Y'all look great!! What fun sister-preg picks :-) I was pregnant with two of my sisters for about two months, but I wasn't showing when one was born so we missed out on the fun. I hate taking belly shots too - but you'll be glad you did one day (so I hear!)

jane said...

it was such a nice surprise to see you at the game! i had no idea kelly is pregnant(how far along?) it will be so fun to have cousins so close in age!
-by the way --you look great!

Lele said...

well i'm glad to finally see a pregnant picture of kelly!

You both look adorable!

Milla said...

Such cute pictures of you and kelly! And, I can't believe someone actually said "waddle around" oh my. You look beautiful pregnant!

Allyson said...

u really look great, but I have to say I don't envy that stage u r in. Those last few weeks are tough but of course worth it! ( I only went to 35 weeks so I can't imagine going full term). :).
Hang in there and enjoy it while u can - if u can :)

Jennifer and Michael said...

I think that you look great!!!

The Wilbanks said...

Y'all are so cute. I can't believe Kelly can still wear that dress when she is almost six months pregnant. You look SUPER. You both don't have much longer.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers