Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Still Saving!


Just to let you know that we are still couponing and saving... I just haven't posted a picture in a while. I bought all of this for $20.88 out of pocket. It was worth $65.70 before I took advantage of all the sales matched with coupons. Family Dollar sent an ad for $5 off $25 this week, so I took it over to Publix and put it to good use! It does take a little planning before you go to the store, but look at the stockpile of snacks we got! All of this stuff stores well too, so we can store it up and just buy necessities when we need them. The milk and bananas were the only non-sale necessities I bought. There are also 2 boxes of Velveeta, 2 bags of chips, 2 bags of Cheerios snack mix, 2 bags pretzel crisps, 2 bags of Voila meals, 3 cans of tomatoes, bacon, bratwurst, and sour cream. I am very proud when I but only things that I know we will use.


This is from my CVS run... also an amazing sales day!
I got 2 packs of Revitalift face wash cloths, 2 bottles Palmolive, 3 tubes of toothpaste, 1 toothbrush, 3 glade oil candle refills, 1 glade candle, 1 body wash, a glucometer (it was free after a coupon and I have 2 diabetic grandfathers in town), and a mini tube of Excedrin. I had to buy 2 candy bars to make my total above zero for 1 transaction. I spent a total of $8 over 3 transactions to get all of this and I still walked away with 15 extra care bucks for next time! I should have spent $5.50, but the wormy check-out guy rushed me out of the way because he said his line was backing up, so I forgot to use $2.50 extra care bucks one transaction. And that was after I had already let 2 or 3 people go ahead of me... I guess I was taking longer than I thought!
Tomorrow or the next day I will post some sewing project pictures... stay tuned!

2 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Impressive. I am starting us on the couponing/saving world! I just started reading all the blogs getting ready for it. There's a lot to learn and plan for! Thank you for the inspiration!

L-Mo said...

I tried to use that Family Dollar coupon, but they wouldn't let me. They said they weren't a competitor. Grrr...

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers