Monday, February 2, 2009

Venting

I think I may start screaming louder than Blake if he will not start sleeping through the night! We were doing pretty well for a week or two and now I feel like we are back to square one. I feed him and put him down around 9:30-10 and he is crying at 1 AM... That is NOT okay with me. I re-wrap him and put him back down and he will sleep 30 minutes to an hour, and I re-wrap him again... back up in 30 minutes to an hour, and so on. Last night, I kept putting him back in bed and fuss some more until 3 AM. I know he can go that long without eating, so I made him wait until then to eat. He was not starving, he was just restless and not fully asleep. What is his deal?! He is over 3 months old now, and he should definitely be going longer than every 3-4 hours at night. I get stressed out, but what can I really do about it? He is right next to me, and I hear him with or without earplugs. The laundry room idea is sounding better and better to me. My holdback is always that I worry about the ventilation in there. I have this mental picture of him breathing in dryer lint and I can't put him in there. If we don't move out of this tiny condo soon, I may be moving into a mental institution!
Loud neighbors + 4 humans and a dog + no more clear floor space + no escape from screaming baby = Insanity

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry about your rough nights. Hang in there. I know that has to be mentally exhausting. One day, you will look back on your condo times and laugh:)

Wanting What I Have said...

oh...so sorry. i think the laundry room sounds GREAT!!! and i doubt he'll breathe in lint...and you just might get a few hours of consecutive sleep! :) hang in there.

jane said...

i promise you should read "the wonder weeks"... if he was sleeping before it is probably a developemental stage making him restless- it'll pass. but it may make you feel better in the meantime to know what kind of developement is irking him... i feel for you- i'll be there before i know it!

Jamie and Blake said...

mo sleeps in the laundry room at my sister's house...go for it!

Emily said...

I hate that he is still not sleeping well. I think the laundry room or the living room sounds like a good plan. We all need to have a "we can finally move into a bigger house" party after Match Day!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers