Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Brandon!

Brandon turned 26 yesterday! We have been reminded several times by friends lately just how young we are! We don't think of ourselves as being that young, but I guess in the scheme of things our life is probably not the norm for people our age. We have a child, we go to bed around 9:00, we have dinner at home almost every night, and our idea of excitement is watching the Biggest Loser! With Brandon waking up around 5 AM most every day and driving to Tuscaloosa to work all day, and Kate waking up early ready to play ALL DAY, we just don't have the energy for much more! His parents came in town on Thursday and we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory- we like to celebrate birthdays all week long!
It snowed here on Saturday morning! There was probably about an inch or two, but it didn't last! We did get up bright and early to enjoy it before it melted, we got pictures, but for some reason this keeps saying my servor had an error and I cannot put the pictures on yet. Kate had some snow in her hands and she didn't know what to think. She just watched it melt and looked at me like, "why did you take away my snow?" We had a lazy day around the house because it was too cold to do much outside of the house. We met a few friends for dinner, and baby Liam made his debut at Cafe Ciao (he was only 8 days old, way to go Boyles for getting out of the house!). We had our own little room, which was great since Kate thinks it is hilarious to talk as loud as she possibly can!
We went to lunch at Irondale Cafe with my family for Brandon's birthday. Kate had fallen asleep in the car on the way there (she didn't nap all morning in the church nursery), and right when we got there, trains were going by and honking so loud- but she didn't budge. She slept through the entire meal! After lunch, my mom came over to help me with the dress I am making for Kate, because the directions say, "gather at the waist." But, they don't tell you how to gather. I am no seamstress, so I don't even pretend to know how to do anything interesting. My mom helped me on the dress, and it is almost done. All I have to do is put some buttons on the back and she is ready to go! I tried it on her this morning, and it is precious! If it will just stay warm enough for her to actually wear it!
Last Friday, Katie and Campbell went with me and Kate to a few church consignment sales and we got some good bargains! I love those sales- I got Kate a smocked pink bubble outfit for $5! I kept waiting to find some nasty stain on it, but there is not one anywhere! One day, I am going to learn how to smock and save some serious money! Once again, I guess I should master the basic sewing skills first!
On a good note, Kate is gradually getting better at her naptimes. For her entire life, she has been able to go to sleep in your lap with no problem, but if you put her in her bed before she is asleep, she would scream and scream like you hurt her feelings so badly! But, we have been trying to put her in her bed so she can put herself to sleep, and she has been using the whole time standing up, screaming, throwing pacifiers, screaming some more, etc. We are sticking with it though because I need to be able to put her down even if it is just for my own sanity! So, this morning, she didn't cry when I left her room, but whined/cried for about 15 minutes until I went back in to tell her she was okay, but it was naptime. When I laid her down, she had her eyes open, but she didn't move (she normally pulls herself up immediately to watch me walk out) and she slept for an hour and a half! Yay Kate! Keep that up!

3 comments:

LB said...

Hey Lindsey, it is encouraging to read your blog because your life sounds a lot like mine!! We go to bed so early, and we get so excited about television. I LOVE the Biggest Loser. By the way, if you learn to smock, not only could you save money, you could probably make money.

Kate is so cute. I love when you post new pictures.

Amber said...

Thank you for the prayers. I will be praying for yall as well. Caleb is not good about sleeping in his crib at nap time....we have to conquer that next. It is hard since we are all in one room, and he can see me. I think my mom might put a crib up in another bedroom so we can put him down for a nap and walk out....we will see. YEAH KATE for taking a good nap for your Mom! PS- I am having trouble uploading pictures today too!

Ole Miss Mom said...

Hey Lindsey! You have to post pics of the outfit you are sewing for Kate! Also, if you ever have any questions, I'm sewing away over here! :-) I'll could attempt to help you! It's so fun sewing for your kids. Also, try to stay strong about that nap time - I am crazy woman when it comes to nap times - there are no excuses! But it really makes a difference for me and also for the kids - but I still hate to hear them cry!
You're doing great!
Happy bday Brandon - even though I've never met him! :-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers