Friday, March 28, 2008

Happy Easter (a little late)


4 generations of ladies... Nanny (my grandmother), No Name Yet Grandmother (my mom), Me, and Kate!

The bunny cake I made... yummy! Brandon's mom used to make these every Easter for them, so maybe we will carry on the tradition!

The best family pictures we could get... Kate would not cooperate, and she pooped on Brandon's arm so he had to lose the shirt!

What are these cool things?

She banged them together until they opened and was so excited to see her treats inside!

Kate's treats! (Plus a few candy treats for Mom and Dad) Kate got a singing bunny from Brandon's grandma and she laughs and claps for it when it sings! She got a giant bunny from her Uncle Derek... loves it! My parents gave her a fun bunny that springs up and makes a "boing boing" sound. Brandon's parents got her a book called "What is Easter?" that was a cute way of saying that it is not about the toys and candy, but about Jesus' death and resurrection. The Easter Bunny brought her some snacks, and a beach basket filled with toys, swim diapers, and sunscreen!
We had a great Easter, and we were so excited that Brandon was off, so he was home with us! We went to church and went to my parents' house for lunch. We had fun, but Kate faded FAST! She was squirming while we tried to take pictures, and then she pooped on her daddy... so we didn't stay too long! I was sad we didn't get any great pictures because Kate looked so cute, but at least we got a few! When she had her accident, it was really pretty funny, and I was so glad she didn't get any on her dress- Brandon didn't appreciate that comment since his shirt was soiled!
Kate and I were supposed to go to the beach this week, but one thing happened after the other to keep us from going. Friends with sick kids, schedule conflicts, etc... Life with kids! Anyway, we are going soon if it kills me!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Precious cake, Lindsey~ Too cute that Kate was so fascinated with your button!! Ha!! -Lindsey

Amber said...

I am so impressed with your bunny cake! Kate looks precious in her little dress. I am glad that yall had a wonderful Easter!

Allyson said...

cute pictures! I like that you have a no name grandmother. I told my mom to decide what she wanted to be called and she couldn't think of anything. So we started calling her grandma no name, which changed to "name me" and now its "Namee" she likes it! We will see what the girls call her!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers