Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Great Birthday



This girl is obsessed with Bailey!!! I even have to put Bailey in our room in her kennel while I try to feed Kate because she tries to hand her all of her food. She follows her around the house and lets her lick all over (which I hate), she just wants to be near Bailey. Maybe this is what new babies do with older kids, but a dog?! Bailey is the world's laziest dog, she lays in her kennel or on the couch ALL day long. But she is getting exercise trying to run away from Kate. By the way, Kate can climb onto and off of the couch now, so she just follows Bailey right up onto the couch. Scary!
Anyway, my birthday was last Friday and we ended up having a great day. I woke up to Brandon getting Kate out of bed and fixing me regular and chocolate chip waffles-yum! (Remember that Brandon's boards were on Saturday, so I was not expecting to even lay eyes on him that day.) Melanie took me to lunch (with Kate) at California Pizza Kitchen, and we had a blast! We got to do a few minutes of shopping afterward, but we just enjoyed hanging out. Kate decided that she would take a morning nap, but not an afternoon nap. I got stuck in traffic from a wreck for 30 minutes after our lunch get-together, and I guess I put her down so late that it threw her off, so she never went to sleep! Then, my family took me to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and we just passed Kate around the table when she got whiny and she just saw a new face and got over it. We had the world's worst waiter, but the manager more than made up for it! The waiter was dripping sweat and was so flustered that he forgot to bring us bread, refills, and even forgot to put one order in. We were just laughing because we knew how stressed he was, and we weren't mad- but the manager came and made up for it by bringing extras! He took care of all of our cheesecakes and coffee, and he even brought Kate a bowl of ice cream too! We got a good laugh out of the night, and it really was a great way to spend my birthday! I forgot to mention that when I got home from lunch, Brandon had gone to get me flowers, so he made up for not being able to go to dinner that night!
Then, on Saturday morning, Kelly and I went and got some new makeup from Trish McEvoy (my very favorite thing) while Mom listened out for Kate during her nap. That afternoon, Mom and I went to the mall and got some great new maternity clothes while Dad listened out for Kate during her nap! And then, we met up with Brandon after he was done with his test and he took me out to Bonefish Grill and then to see Made of Honor at the $1 theater. Mom and Dad kept Kate overnight- and it was so nice to sleep in til 9 on Sunday! It was amazing how refreshed I felt with only a few hours away! I do love Kate more than ever, but I still need a break every now and then! That was the best gift of all! But- some other amazing gifts are a smocking pleater from Brandon so I can start smocking my own dresses for Kate (and outfits for Blake) and smocking lessons from my mom! I will keep you updated on the progress there!

1 comment:

Ole Miss Mom said...

Happy Birthday Lindsey!! Sounds like it was really fun!

As for the coupon thing, you have to read the CVS ads every Sunday and figure out if the ECB deals are worth it....and they usually are if there are other coupons involved too.

I really would start reading the blogs I listed...I just read and read and shopped and shopped until I got it!! :-)

But I love trying to answer questions! :-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers