Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lazy Days


Bathtime! The other night, Brandon pulled Kate's soapy hair into a mohawk and it is crazy to see how long it is getting. I don't know why the picture is so hazy, but it was cute, so I had to post it. We have loved having Brandon home so much the past few weeks- bathtime is Kate's favorite time of the day because her Daddy does the bath (it is getting a little harder for me to bend over and play with duckies these days).

I just snapped this picture the other night because her hair has been doing a little flip in the back. Her hair is so thin and straight, so I don't think this means she will have curly hair, but it is a cute curl while it lasts! One of our grandparents' asked us recently if we were going to cut her hair or give her bangs, but I am so glad she finally has hair that I am leaving it alone. I do put the front in bows so it is not in her face though. I thought girls didn't get haircuts for awhile, maybe I am wrong.

This was a picture of Kate just lounging the other day when Brandon kept her. She looks so calm here, but Brandon said she was all over the place this day. She loves her big chair! She climbs right on it and scoots back with her toys. Also, climbing in and out of it has taught her how to climb onto and off of the couch now. Just today, I put something on the couch that I didn't want her to get into, so she just climbed onto the couch and got to it herself!
This past week, Brandon has gotten home at lunchtime everyday, so I have had a great time running errands by myself and doing fun things too! I did work Wednesday, so I was productive for at least one day. Other than that, we have been cooking dinner together, doing random stuff around the house, and we finally safety-locked our cabinets and drawers in the kitchen and bathroom. Yesterday, my mom and sister and I went to see Mamma Mia in the morning and went to lunch afterwards. I thought it was so cute, but you have to like musicals to enjoy it. They do just bust into songs when they should be having a conversation, so that took me a while to get into it. I am just not used to musicals as movies. It was very good and a fun girls' day! We have enjoyed our lazy Saturday today too- we got up and went for a long walk to a nearby nature trail with exercise stations all over it. We would walk and stop for Brandon to do the exercise stations (and I would rest), and then we fed the fish with some old bread. Kate enjoyed the scenery and we just enjoyed getting outside. We were all a little exhausted after it, so we watched a movie while Kate napped. All of this to say, I am really enjoying how Brandon's 4th year is going so far... he is HOME! We have not seen him this much every day in a while. I need to enjoy it while it lasts!

1 comment:

Ann said...

It sounds like you are having a relaxing summer. I still look back on the summer I was pregnant with Luke(I mean, it was only 2 summers ago) and think of it as a very enjoyable time. Until of course, I got to the very end and it became very difficult to take care of Ellie (physically). I'm glad things are going well!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers