Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Too Funny!

I had to share these for my own memory, but they may be a little "politically incorrect" or something. We went to lunch at a Mexican restaurant and one of the waiters walked right by Kate speaking Spanish very quickly and she stared at him the whole time. A few minutes later, she started talking a bunch of gibberish and when I told her to stop talking like that, she pointed at the waiter and said, "That is what he said, mommy." I am sure he saw her pointing, so that is awesome! I wish I could have stopped laughing long enough to really explain why we don't do that. She is pretty smart, but a little rude to do right in front of him.
Also, this is an old story, but I was reminded of it with her cultural "experience" today. Last year, I was at the beach with Kelly and Turner and my kids, and we went through the McDonalds drive thru for a quick meal. The lady at the window was oriental (not sure if she was Chinese), but Kate shouted from the way back of my Suburban, "Ni Hao, Ni Hao Kai Lan!" If you don't know, there is a cartoon about a Chinese girl called, "Ni Hao Kai Lan" on Nick Jr, and she loves it. She was really trying to be friendly, but I quickly shushed her and told her that we don't assume people speak Chinese just because they look like they might. She really does keep me on my toes!

3 comments:

Gina Harris said...

that is hilarious!

Anna Bean said...

Loved these stories! Loved the Ki Lan one! Ellie called this hispanic girl Dora over Christmas- they crack me up!

tom finley said...

i am laughing out loud... especially to your second story ;)!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers