Thursday, June 12, 2008

Garden Update


My gerber daisies are making a second appearance. This is a pot of mixed colored gerbers, and there are yellow, red, cream, and pink ones. They were so pretty when they all bloomed at once, but then they all died at once! So, we are starting round 2!

This is the double-dip hibiscus that Kate gave me for Mother's Day with the daisies. They are so pretty and bright- it really is a great summer plant!

These are 2 tomato plants... they are almost ready! I have one that is in the kitchen almost red... I love tomatoes, so I cannot wait to just add a little salt and eat up!

These are my grape tomatoes, they have already produced a few. I made a BLT the other day with mini slices of tomatoes.

This is the ENORMOUS zucchini plant! There are some zucchini growing on the ground, but you can't see them through the monster leaves. It looks like an overgrown jungle, but I promise it really is a garden! The tiny white flower bloom on the bottom right is one of our onion plants. Obviously you can't see them anymore!

This is the inside of the other enormous plant, but these are yellow squash... can you see them? I can't wait, I hope I have friends that like squash, because we will be handing them out.

This is just a picture from a few feet back. The large one on the left is a yellow squash, with the giant zucchini next to it on the right. Right behind them is a super tall tomato plant that you can sort of see, and a few broccoli and cauliflower plants. It is amazing to see how huge these have gotten over the past few weeks.
I know no one probably cares about the garden, but I am really just taking comparison pictures for myself. This gives me a little something to do, and some yummy vegetables after some time. Kate naps in the mornings and afternoons, so I just head outside and water, pick, trim, etc. Who knew that I would enjoy a garden or sewing so much?!

4 comments:

Milla said...

Lindsey I am impressed! Wow! I really want to try growing more things like tomatoes and herbs. Good job!

Kate said...

The garden looks good. How long has it taken you to do this?

The Slagleys said...

Thanks! We planted all of this the week after Easter and half of it died with a freeze shortly after, but we just replanted it. The things in the pots are a lot smaller than the things in the ground, but we ran out of ground room! It doesn't take much work and you get a lot out of it.

The Wilbanks said...

I really need to do this. Maybe you could talk me through it... I am not sure where to start. I would LOVE to have my own food. I am very impressed.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers