Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Toys Are Wonderful!


Kate got new toys for her birthday that are really keeping her entertained! She loves pressing the button to turn things on and off. You will hear the opening song, "Colors, shapes, letters, and sounds..." and then you hear "Bye Bye" over and over again! It would seriously get on my nerves if it just didn't keep her entertained so well! I am loving watching her walk all over the place too. She walks from one toy to the other and over to her toy baskets to dig in!
Brandon was on call almost all weekend, so Kate and I stayed at my parents' house to swim and play. My dad had back surgery last Wednesday and my brother had tonsil surgery last Friday, so I said we were out there to help my mom take care of them... I am not sure how much help a 1 year old exploring baby is! We had a blast though. Kate walked all around their house and their yard- I guess she loved the space. I worked all day Saturday, and it wore me out. I usually do half-shifts and I was there for 13 hours straight, and I was exhausted! Some people say that work is a vacation from home for them, but I just remembered how much you run around and hardly get time to eat a snack! No vacation there!
So- baby boy Slagley got his first 2 outfits this weekend from my friend Jen! He got a sleeper with a cute monkey on it, and a little blue pants outfit with a matching onesie covered in animals. I guess it is finally sinking in- I am excited about going to the beach in a few weeks to hit up the outlets for more boy stuff! He may have some clothes, but no name yet! We are still tossing some around, but nothing for sure. I have told him my top 2, but Brandon is taking time to figure out which he liks better/which sounds better. Do you know what is depressing? Looking up what names mean! I will have the best name, and then I read too much into how boring the meaning is and it ruins it! I know the meaning is not that important, but I at least like to know what they mean. For example, Brandon means "hill covered with broom" and Lindsey means "wetland." I love that Kathryn (Kate) means "pure" but I am going to have to let it go with the meaning thing because I am running out of boy names that we can agree on!
By the way, my neighbor just made my day! She said I had my hands full with Kate walking around and Bailey running through the yard, and I told her I was going to enjoy it now before the next one comes... and she didn't know I was pregnant! She said she couldn't tell (maybe she didn't have her contacts in yet or it was just the enormous t-shirt I have on), but I loved it because everyone else has been telling me how big I am and asking if I am about to have another one??? That is always fun to explain that I am really not that far along, but that this is my second one and that I got pregnant when Kate was 8 months old and I just showed so quickly, etc. Oh well, I will just enjoy my neighbor's comment and forget about all the other stuff!

4 comments:

Allyson said...

I am very impressed. Honestly I cannot imagine being pregnant again! (I am not ruling it out for the future though). My girls are just now 8 months and they still seem like such little babies - even though every day they remind me of how big they are getting... You will have so much fun though. Good luck on the boy names! When I was trying to think of names (and it is hard to think of 2 each - for any combination of what I could have had) we struggled more with the girls names. We finally just found 2 we agreed on and thats what they ended up being! Dont look too much into the meanings. Pick one you will love to hear all the time - all the kids at his school one day wont know what the name means, nor will they care! :)

Amber said...

I know exactly how you feel. I have had a few comments like "when are you due?" and when I say September.....they give a look like...she will not make it. And then they look at Caleb and realize how close they will be and they are amazed. Oh well. It is nice when you get nice comments too. I am glad your neighbor made your day!
I also understand on the name thing. It is so hard! We finally have a name for baby # 2 and are going to tell our family this weekend and then I will post it, but it is really hard to come to an agreement. As for the meaning...I don't put much basis on that since different books and websites will tell you different meanings. If it is a family name or a name that you and Brandon love....then I am sure it will be perfect!

Kate Henderson said...

Hey! I loved your Bham Recipe Group and started one here from my small group of friends. Love reading your blogs!!!

Ben, Katie, and Campbell said...

we missed you today! hope kate got some good sleep - heard y'all had a rough powerless night! :) bens on call tonight - is brandon? maybe i could run over tomorrow and monogram some things... what are y'alls plans? lets get together soon!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers