Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kate's New Clothes


This is the dress that I started sewing a LONG time ago, but I got burned out on it, so I took a break and finished it a couple weeks ago. It is a gingham seersucker fabric and it turned out a lot cuter than I thought it would be. I am still debating over the turquoise ribbon or white, but I am leaning towards the turquoise.

This is the back view of it. The ribbon pulls a lot tighter when it is on, but it is still just a little too big for Kate and I don't feel like taking it in just to take it out again in a few weeks/months.

This is the pillowcase dress I showed a few weeks ago in progress, but now it is DONE! It was super easy, it only took me a day or so of Kate's naptimes, so it was not too bad! I bought the fabric at a trunk show place as a remnant, and it turned out so cute. I am working on the extra fabric using an apple or pear as an applique on a white cotton bubble I bought Kate.

These are the bloomers I monongrammed to wear under the fruit dress. It looks so cute together, I need to get a picture of Kate wearing this.
Anyway, I just thought I would post some of my recent projects. I am working on a hot pink bubble now with little ladybug patches on the front, but I am stumped and need my mom's expertise before I can go on. More pictures later!

6 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

VERY cute...I need to learn how to make pillow case dresses!!

Unknown said...

I've wanted to sew for a long time and I'm finally signed up for a beginner's class in July (it meets 4 times). I'm waiting to buy a machine until after then. Do you have any recommendations on machines? I want to get one that embroiders. I know they are a lot of money, so I want to be sure to buy the right one!

The Slagleys said...

I have the Brother SE270 machine that does regular sewing and embroidery. It is pretty basic, and not too expensive, and it has been great!

jane said...

i love the pear fabric! i have afreind who made her girls matching easter dresses out of it... so cute!
i understand your hangup about name meanings... people may think elisha is 'alicia'... and old-fashioned or what have you, but besides being a family name (and a prophets!) it means 'God is my salvation' ... and i love that, it is my prayer for him!

Allyson said...

those are awesome! I am so impressed! I think it would be cool to know how to sew but I have NO desire to learn :) Ill live vicariously through you!

Emily said...

SOOO cute, Linds! I have to learn how to sew clothes- loved the pillowcase dress!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers