Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We Are Thankful To Announce A Healthy Baby...


BOY!!! This was the first picture the ultrasound lady showed us! We really had no feeling one way or the other, but this pregnancy has been COMPLETELY different than the last one. With Kate, I threw up all day every day and only wanted macaroni and cheese or cheese toast. This time, I have only been sick a handful of times, and I have craved nasty stuff like bacon and toast with real butter, and other healthy things! We are so excited to have one of each, but now I need to start buying some boy clothes! Most of the equipment we got is neutral, so we can use it... but I doubt he will want to wear dresses and all pink! Brandon didn't make as much of a reaction as I thought he would, but he explained later that he just didn't want to appear more excited than he would have been if it was another girl. What am I going to do with a boy??? We don't have a name yet, but we will keep you updated!

This is him looking at us with his arm by his side. He was sucking his index finger at one point during the ultrasound.

This is him waving at us! He has long limbs and big hands and feet... surprise, surprise! It was so exciting to see him in there moving around and it just reminded me what real people babies are at such an early point in development! When you see them move and wave and you can feel them, it totally puts it into perspective that they are already a living person! Wow, what a wonderful (and humbling) job this is to carry a tiny little life until they are ready to enter this world!

17 comments:

Amber said...

Yeah for a healthy baby boy! We are so excited for you, Brandon, and Kate! You will be great with a boy! Very Exciting!

Ole Miss Mom said...

CONGRATS!! Boys are fun..and eventful!! Hopefully you'll make it long that I did without going to the ER!!!

I'll call you later on this week!

Mama Bird said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! You will love have a boy and they love their Mommy!!!

Amanda said...

Wow congrats to you guys! A boy! So fun!

Milla said...

Oh my goodness! So exciting! Now Kate will have a little brother (I always wanted a brother!).

Congrats to both of you. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze!

Ann said...

Yay for a baby boy!! I know it's so hard to imagine right now, since all you know is a little girl, but you are going to love having a boy-after you get sprayed a few good times:) J/K-you will love it. Anyway, how old will Kate be when he is born? I'm thinking it is almost the same as Ellie and Luke. Looks like you're on the Barber plan.

Robin said...

How exciting to have one of each! We're so happy for you and your little boy's health.

The Slagleys said...

Thanks everyone! We are very thankful for his health and the opportunity to have one of each! They will be 17 months apart, so the need for prayer has NOT stopped! It will be so much fun, but we know it will be busy and hard at first!

Confessions said...

yea Lindsey! I am so glad for y'all! Jennifer and I PRAYED for a baby brother...and then we got Amy! What do you do with a boy? :) Congratulations!!

The Wilbanks said...

I made Kelly text me as soon as y'all found out. I am so thrilled for you. I don't have a girl yet but I am telling you there is something about a baby boy and his Mom. You will be so smitten.... Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! How much fun to have one of each!

jane said...

how wonderful! sounds like kate is pretty spirited; i bet she will LOVE having a brother!
boys really are super fun... like having a little boyfriend w/ you all the time.
i think oldnavy has some cute baby boy clothes... and of course tj.maxx.
oooo i'm so excited for y'all!
i've just started thinking how much elisha would like to have a friend...

Kate said...

Congrats!

Courtney said...

Congrats on the healthy baby boy!!!! I am so excited for you guys!!!

mamahenn said...

I am so excited for yall- As with everyone else's comments a boy is such a delight and so much fun!! I will be praying for you and thinking about you as you prepare to deliever him! And as the family goes from 3 to 4!! Love Melanie

Emily said...

Congrats on a precious little boy!!!! So exciting! Loved the birthday pictures of Kate, too- looks like SOOO much fun!

Melissa said...

aww Congrats on the little boy!! I have heard you always have to have an extra diaper on hand to use as a cover when changing them;-)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers