Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fun at the beach!

We got back from our whirlwind beach trip Monday night, and we had a blast! Saturday was beautiful, so we were outside all day! Can you believe that I forgot my camera though? Kate had a cute little ladybug raft that had a hood over it, and she loved being in the water. She tried to talk to everyone around. We played in the pool, and Kate played in her sun tent for a little while and I got to read for a few minutes. She didn't think it was too fun to see everyone else playing outside while she was in her tent trying to nap, so that didn't last too long. Luckily, I was able to put her down for a nap and sit outside on the porch and still get some sun. I don't know if it was the hot sun, or just the traveling, but she slept great the whole trip... she was exhausted! Saturday night, we went to the Red Bar for dinner, and it was delicious! Kate got to eat some of their famous Panne Chicken! I am glad that the Red Bar is such a crazy environment, no one even knew a baby was around.
Sunday was a little overcast, so we decided to go to the outlets and do a little shopping. It is not so fun though when you are in the "in-between" stage of clothes, so I don't want to buy regular or maternity clothes just yet. Kate did get a few things at the Carter's outlet. My mom always teases us about how Kate has too many clothes, but she really just grows so fast that we are constantly changing them out! And when Carters has things 70% off, why not?! Sunday night, we ate at the new Back Porch in Pier Park in Panama City. It was fun because we got to sit outside and enjoy the music. Once again, lots of craziness, so no one was offended by a babbling baby!
We left the beach around lunchtime on Monday, and it was a perfect time to leave. Kate stayed awake for awhile watching Praise Baby DVDs and then she napped for awhile too. I think Kelly enjoyed the trip as much as we did, it was very different from our old beach trips full of sun time and not so many stops in the trip, etc. Luckily, she realized that since I am pregnant, I needed to stop and snack just as much as Kate! Even though it was a quick trip, it was a much needed break and we felt relaxed after the weekend. Sorry no beach pictures, hopefully we will go again soon to take some great ones!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I want to know what kind of sun tent you have. We have a beach umbrella, but I'd love to have something a little more enclosed for this summer! ALSO, we love Praise Baby, too- I think I like it even more than Abby Jane! Glad you had good time away and got that time in on the porch to truly relax...

The Slagleys said...

Hey- we just got a pop-up sun tent from Babies R Us for about $30-35 and it is great. It has SPF 50+ so I feel good about her being in it. And you can zip them in so you don't worry about sand getting in, etc. A friend is borrowing the tent right now, but I will check out the real name of it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers