Friday, May 2, 2008

Growing Garden


The roses are starting to bloom! This is the biggest bud, but more are coming along!

Onto the petunias that started out TINY! And the little pots are some zinnias, dahlias, bell peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower all planted from seeds. So it will be awhile before we see much else from them! Yes, that is the baby monitor on the table! Naptime is the best time to go outside and play in the garden and read my book!



This is one half of the garden on the ground. The rose bush is on the left, and the large pot holds a green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper plants. The smaller pot holds 3 more green pepper plants. In the ground, there are a few yellow squash plants, some more peppers, and a tomato plant. Do you like the scenic background of the building meters?

This is the other half of the garden. The pots hold different kinds of tomato plants. In the ground are some more tomatoes, more peppers, yellow onions, broccoli, cauliflower, and the large one on the right is zucchini. We are so excited about our fresh vegetables!

This is an up close picture of the zucchini. There are a few blooms already, so they should be getting started any day now!

There are a few tomatoes on this plant already.

And here is a little baby yellow bell pepper just starting out!
Brandon keeps telling me I need to post pictures, so here they are! This is a fun hobby, I just wish we had more of a yard to plant in! I know that some friends have heard me talk about my garden, now they can see that I really do have one and that we will have plenty of veggies to share!

6 comments:

jane said...

oh so much fun! i just love to see/ hear about other friends gardens. just think how fun it would be if one day when we are old and gray we toddle through each others huge gardens in greenville and share plants. you should come to atl and get some of the herbs i'm rooting... and i have hydrangea vine that can be split... it's all here for the taking!

LB said...

I'm so impressed! By the way, I would love an update on the pregnancy. How are you feeling? Is it different, better, worse, than last time?

The Slagleys said...

I feel ok... much better than I did with Kate, but not great! I don't know if that means it may be a boy this time or if God is just allowing me a few days of feeling good so I can spend quality time with Kate!
And Jane- I wish I was headed to ATL so I could split that vine and steal some herbs... maybe one day we will be closer?!

Amanda said...

This is very impressive. I really want to try and grow my own veggies. Now I know a "pro" to get tips from. Keep posting updates!

Amber said...

I am impressed. I would love to have a little garden too. Maybe one day! I would definitely need "green thumb" lessons on how to take care of each one!
I am glad that you had a wonderful time at the beach too!

Ann said...

Hey! Yes, I finally gave in. It's rather addicting. I have been meaning to add yours as well. Hope the pregnancy is going well!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers