Monday, May 19, 2008

Guess Who's Walking?!

This past weekend, Kate started walking! She definitely chooses when she wants to and how long she will stand/walk, but we are up and moving! I started using bait a week or so ago of goldfish crackers on the couch, but she must have been showing off for her Papa G and JoJo in Greenville. She would walk back and forth to me and Jody, or me and Brandon. We would cheer and then she would squeal so loud! She was very proud of herself. She has a black eye from hitting the coffee table trying to walk last week, so we just got rid of the coffee table and put out an area rug so she can have more room to get around. Brandon is on call tonight so I couldn't get her to let me snap a picture, so we will get some pictures when he is around tomorrow.
I think Kate must have known that her JoJo needed some cheering up, because she LOVED playing with her this weekend. Kate has recently learned to kiss, and she would crawl up Jody's lap and give her big kisses! Jody sat on the porch with Kate and watched cars drive by and she taught Kate to say "Cah" (her version of car) as she pointed at them. She also let Kate "drive" the golf cart around and Kate would laugh so hard and squeal with excitement. It is amazing how much a giggling baby can lift your spirits!
Walking pictures to come soon!

2 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

OOO, I can't wait to see walking pictures...Lillian is EVERYWHERE!! Get ready! I'm all about sharing some starter...but I'm not sure I can manage 2 breads right now...I need to get a little better at the sourdough! But I just read the recipe for the Amish Friendship bread at my moms - sounds GREAT!! I might just need a sample..maybe we could trade loaves first! :-) We've GOT to get together sometime Lindsey...what is your work schedule like?! I will have more free time starting next week after Olivia is out of school! Maybe you guys can come over soon...where do you live???

The Slagleys said...

Hey- i do not work very often... a day or two a month, so work shouldn't stand in the way of getting together! We live in Crestline, what about you? Just let me know when you are up for it and we will make it happen!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers