Thursday, June 19, 2008

Headed To The Beach!

We are on our way to the beach Saturday morning!!! I cannot wait- we will be there until the next week, we plan on some prime relaxing time! My mom is going too so she will be the live in babysitter and just fun for me and Kate to hang out with when Brandon is studying. We will take the laptop with us, so hopefully we will be able to update some cute beach pictures.
Now, just for kicks:

Brandon has been saving change forever... and it really just got on my nerves to have canisters of change sitting around- UNTIL he said we should cash it in and use it for spending money at the beach. I should never enter any of those contests where you try to guess how much of something there is in a certain container, because I thought there would be about $40. I was even annoyed that he thought that this would be a "treat" and made fun of him for the idea, but he cashed it in today and it was a little over $200!!! I am thinking we need to always save our change and then use it for surprise spending money, it really will be a treat! I was so skeptical that I took pictures of the before amount to see if anyone else really thought there was that much to it... does that look like any more than $50?!

This is the dress I made for Kate to wear at the beach! The flip-flops are so cute on it and she looks precious in the dress! I must be getting the hang of the pillowcase dress, because this one was done all in Kate's naptime! I guess I need to master another style now so she doesn't wear the same thing everyday!

This is a little cotton bubble that I bought a while back at a consignment sale for $2, and I wondered if it would even be cute monogrammed, but I decided it was worth $2 to find out. Katie and Campbell came over for a little "monogramming party" and we just pulled out all of the outfits that weren't that cute (or just looked like they were missing something) by themselves and put a monogram on them, and they all turned out so cute. This was some of Katie's magenta thread (thanks for letting me use it) and I loved how it looked on the plain white. I am really enjoying this sewing machine and I am even thinking of starting a little side job of sewing/monogramming things to earn a little spending money. That way, a hobby could even earn me some more than a well-dressed child! Any thoughts?

3 comments:

LB said...

yes, I say go with the side business. I was just in that new baby shop in Auburn, have you been? And they were selling pilowcase dresses for at least 20-something dollars. So, I say try to make some money.

And both outfits are so cute!!

LB said...

hey, wanted to tell you that we let Ada cry it out last night. I hated it, but it honestly didn't last that long. Maybe 30 or so minutes. I was expecting it to last longer, and then she slept until 7:30 am. She did the crying at 2 am. It took everything in me not to go in there, but now that we have done one night, I feel like the next few nights will be easier. Hopefully it will work, and she will soon be sleeping through the night!!

Julie-Anne said...

That's so cool about the money! And Kate's outfits are precious! :)

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers