Thursday, December 11, 2008

All Is Well

Still no pictures! We had to send our computer off to be fixed and I am trying to upload pictures to our desktop computer, but it is giving me trouble. Anyway, we have had a busy week! Kate and Blake were so excited to welcome their cousin, Turner, into their world last Friday. He was born 3 weeks early, but handled it like a champ! He is so cute but we cannot tell who he looks like yet. Kelly is in the process of starting her own blog that will be up soon, it is heath-kelly.blogspot.com.
We moved back into our own house on Monday, so we are getting adjusted to our own space and schedules now. It is hard to get on any kind of schedule when you are in someone else's house- and I am a big schedule nazi with my kids! Blake is doing great, he doesn't sleep longer than 4 1/2 hours (at the longest) during the night yet, but we are getting there. We went ahead and started him on some reflux medicine as he has gotten progressively fussier and spitting up more. Maybe I gave up too early, but Kate was on it so long with no problems, that I know he will be fine on it.
We are having a great time with Brandon being home. We stay in our pajamas longer than usual and enjoy our coffee each morning, which is probably so hard for Brandon. He hates not having a plan for each day and he feels like he is wasting time if he is sitting around watching a movie... but he is forcing himself to relax as we know we will never have time like this again! He goes back to work on January 5th, so we will enjoy it until then. We are currently watching season one of The Unit, and it is awesome. I had never watched that show before, but I am hooked on it now.
We are going to try and brave the cold to go to Briarwood's walk-thru-nativity tomorrow night (once we see what the weather is really like) and I will be taking Blake along in my sling carrier under my jacket. Kate really misses playing with her friends, so I am excited about getting her out and around some friends. She is talking more than ever! I feel like her vocabulary has exploded in just the past few weeks. Now she will say just about anything we ask her to, and she is putting words together in small sentences. "Where's the ball?" "Where's the baby?" "I see a cup," etc. She is really not a baby anymore! Luckily I have my little baby Blake to watch as he grows up so much this first year. I went for my 6 week checkup today and I could not believe that this time has already flown by! We are working on getting some pictures up for the blog and also Christmas cards- hopefully we won't be too far behind!

1 comment:

Emily said...

So glad you're home and able to get your schedule going! I don't blame you for the reflux meds- getting Abby Jane started on them was so life-changing for us that we probably won't delay long if that looks like it's happening again with our next one. Enjoy those precious little ones during Christmastime!!!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers