Monday, April 20, 2009

We Are Still Here

No pictures because we are figuring out the wireless internet, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, we are moved in and LOVING our space. Turns out that Blake just wanted a little space to move around in order to sleep. He is doing much better, which means I am doing much better. Kate is loving space too. She is doing pretty well in her toddler bed. She actually stays in it until you go get her out, besides the one night that she fell out. We heard a thud the other night, followed by whiny crying and when I went into her room, she was on her floor looking very sad and confused. After a little hug and a song, she was right back to sleep.
Blake is a little more active these days and is grabbing everything in sight. He is sitting up better (not totally on his own yet) and playing with toys in front of him- but that makes Kate a little jealous and she has started trying to steal his toys. She has also gotten jealous of him using "her" highchair. I have tried to explain that we are going to share all the toys and the highchair, but she doesn't get it since they have always been just hers. She has learned how to say "This mine" and "this Kate's" which I HATE- so we are learning that there is no mine and yours at our house. Have you ever thought about all of the times you say "mine" and "yours" when you aren't even being selfish. For example, "That drink is mine" or "Don't take that toy, that is not yours." It is hard to teach such a little mind the difference in your meanings of the same word. Oh well, we are trying!
One last thing... we are still saving money with grocery coupons, even if I don't have the pictures to prove it. Last week I did more than break even. I saved more than I spent just by taking advantage of sales and coupons. The lady wouldn't take my Rite Aid $5 off coupons, which could have saved me another $15- but I felt like I had already done well, so I didn't get too upset. What is up with some people taking the Rite Aid coupons and some not? Sadly, my sister and I walked around looking for the most clueless looking sales clerk so she wouldn't question every SINGLE coupon I had. Isn't it funny to see what entertains us now?!

3 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

I'm cracking up about your Rite Aid coupons...b/c of where we live, my best grocery store sale wise to shop at is Winn Dixie...a few weeks ago they had a fit because they had Mentos Gum bogo and I had a stack of coupons - half for $1 off and the other half for $.55 off...making two packs of gum cost me around $.04...the sales clerk wouldn't take both coupons, so management got involved and they finally agreed to let me use them, but argued the entire time that I was only actually BUYING one, not two, because one of them was free...anyway...glad you're still getting such great deals!

Ole Miss Mom said...

Glad you guys are enjoying all the ROOOM! I'm sure it's so nice!

Where did you guys move too...I know you probably don't want to post an address or anything...just wondering if we were still sort of neighbors! :-)

The Girls Mommy said...

Wow! I have so many "blog" friends. I wish I could say I was half the blogger most of my friends are! Ha! How are you girl? I found you through Tiffany Hill's blog. So, I don't have time to read back to far (the joy of school), but I did see that you guys are in Bham for a while longer! Sweet! What else is going on?

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers