Sunday, September 20, 2009

Busy Weekend


This was not supposed to be that great of a weekend! Brandon was originally going to Auburn without me and the kids this weekend- which I was not thrilled about, but he doesn't get to go often. But, late Friday night, Brandon's brother called to tell us he had two tickets. Brandon got off the phone and I told him that I would love to go, but it was too late notice, and no one would be able to keep the kids. Five or ten minutes later, Brandon's parents called to tell us about his youngest brother's high school football game and Brandon told him about the two tickets and they said, "if you ever get tickets to the game, we would love to keep the kids." We immediately made plans to drop the kids off with them on our way to Auburn the next morning... they did not have to ask us twice! While they were there, Blake improved his walking skills and can now walk from the couch to the tv or from the kids' play chair to the computer chair where I sit. He goes slowly, but if he is unsure of himself, he just squats for a second and gets back up to go. So, he is off! We have a way to go, but he is our early walker- not even 11 months- yikes!
This was on our way home today- Kate was giggling and saying, "I want to hold you." She says this a lot in the car, and I always say that I will have to hold her when we get there because I can't reach her, so I thought she was talking to me. But, I turned around and saw her holding Blake's hand and it melted my heart. We were in Brandon's car, but they normally can't reach each other in my car. (Disclaimer- it was not sweet much longer after this, she started yanking his arm and we had to cut out the hand holding.)






Here we are in the game. We looked like drowned rats after we sat in the rain for an hour. I kept asking if we could leave, but Brandon just reminded me that we had no kids to rush home to- we should just enjoy being there. We were so soaked that I think we smelled like mildew by the end of the game, and my jeans were still damp this morning!



The POURING rain in Jordan Hare Stadium. I did not get out my camera for this, I copied this picture from somewhere else, but it is what it looked like. A friend works on rain/storm drains and said that drains are built for 2 inches of rain an hour, and anything above that is a 1 in 100 year storm... which just happened to be last night! It was at least 2.5 inches of rain in an hour- and we stood in it! We had such a great time seeing friends and enjoying Auburn- hope we get to do it again this season!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

WAR EAGLE!!! What a game!! I am so proud of our Auburn Tigers :)

Caroline Bobo said...

I had so much fun catching up with ya'll!! Thanks for letting us crash the tailgate!! What an awesome game! I love the hand holding pic of the kids....precious moment! Glad you captured it. Hope to see ya'll again soon.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers