Monday, May 12, 2008

Daddy, I'll Spot You

Brandon got these push-up pro things for his birthday, they are supposed to increase the intensity of regular push-ups. He uses them all the time, but Kate has just started to get curious about them and she will play with them more than her own toys! I don't think Brandon will attempt to do them with Kate on the floor again. He was laughing so hard that he couldn't get any done!
Crawling under Daddy while he does his push-ups!
She didn't even budge when he came down towards the floor. Notice the red face- I made him hold it there until I could get a good picture!
He couldn't do any push-ups because if she wasn't under him, she was pulling up on him.

Then she wanted to try them for herself. I have actually tried to do these, and I CANNOT! So, good luck, Kate!
By the way, Mother's Day was great. Brandon was on call Saturday night, but he made it out to my parents' house in time for lunch. Kate gave me a sweet card and some more plants for my garden. I got a large pot of mixed gerber daisies- I planted some last year and they kept blooming over and over again, so he knew I would love more this year! She also gave me a beautiful hibiscus plant that blooms all summer, so now I have some beautiful color along with yummy vegetables! Here is one of my rose blooms that Brandon cut and brought in for me before all the rain wilted it down!

5 comments:

Ole Miss Mom said...

Ok, I need a lesson in gardening. I kill everything - including rosemary and amaryllis!! Yes, I know..horrible. But you seem to have a green thumb! I need some tips!

Also, Lillian and Kate would get along SO well - we should get together some time!!

Unknown said...

I found your blog from LB's blog. (does that make me a blog stalker? oh well!) Your little girl is just so cute- she looks like a doll! I just had to comment. I have an almost 9 month old little boy- eatonfamilyupdate.blogspot.com

katie said...

hey! glad you had a good mothers day... i'm having slagley withdrawal! :) hope to see y'all in the morning at chickfila...

The Slagleys said...

Lindsay- We would love to get together for a playdate! You should email me your phone number and I will call you about getting together- starrlr@hotmail.com. Also, I could offer advice, but I am not a pro at gardening, it is just fun!
Amy- you are not a stalker- you are just nice enough to leave a comment! Most of the time I just check out other blogs and move on without writing a note, but I will have to drop by your blog!

Melissa said...

how funny! Our dog does this with Brandon when he does push ups:-)

I have recently gotten really interested in plants too! What sweet Mother's day presents~

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers