Friday, May 9, 2008

Some new pictures






These are some recent pictures of Kate... she is always standing, and she can walk holding on to one hand/finger. She loves getting into everything on shelves, in drawers, in cabinets, etc. We are a little behind in the babyproofing department, so we have some work to do! She digs in my purse and her diaper bag to get out whatever she can find. She loves sunglasses, but will only keep them on for a second, so I snapped a picture! Daddy seems to have the touch when it comes to calming her down. He snuggles with her and her teddy bears and she just starts rubbing the eyes and winding down. I wish we could understand what she says when she sees him walk in the door. She just talks and talks and squeals right when she sees him.
When we went for her 9 month appointment, she had her 8 front teeth, 4 on top, 4 on bottom. So Dr. Peters said we were in the clear for a while until the molars start to come in after a year... well, they are coming. The top one on either side are breaking skin now, and the bottom ones are so swollen! Poor thing, she can't get a break! I wondered why she was waking up for a minute here and there during the night, and this explains it. I still don't go in there when she wakes up, she just stops and goes back to sleep! I should have started letting her cry it out a LONG time ago. Now I know for the next one!
Speaking of the next one, this pregnancy is moving along nicely! Some days, I feel horrible, and some days I have to remind myself that I am pregnant. It is way different than with Kate, I will say that much! I NEVER doubted that I was pregnant with her, I always felt it. I don't have a feeling either way if it is a boy or a girl, but we find out on June 3rd, so I will keep everyone posted!

2 comments:

jane said...

can't wait for june 3rd...
can't belive the gerbers did well for you, i haveen't bought any b/c i felt like they were tough!
it really seems like
kate is a spirited little bit like my own!

Melissa said...

wow Lyndsey~ Kate has a lot of teeth!!! After reading this post I realized that Ella must be workin on more teeth too. She has been waking up screaming in the middle of the night--it is kind of scary when it happens, but she usually just falls back asleep after a few minutes. I thought it was an ear infection at first (that is usually what it ALWAYS is) but she hasn't been pulling on her ears and no fever. I guess it is her teeth! I can imagine little Kate has been in some pain with getting her molars in. That is wonderful you aren't feeling as sick with this pregnancy. I know you are anxiously waiting for June 3rd!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers