Saturday, September 6, 2008

New Stroller and a Great Trip to Publix

Sorry... I don't feel like making 2 separate posts. But, we got the new stroller in the mail (after pretty much threatening the seller to cancel payment if he didn't send it soon) and then I had an AMAZING trip to Publix this morning that I just have to share!



Before I could even get the box out of the way, she was trying to climb into the stroller. She loved both seats, which is good because I wondered if she would like the back (which is where she will be for a while). She actually got to sit in it for a while because she cried really hard when I tried to get her out. I had to have the back against the couch because when she moved, her weight shifted too much and made it try to tip over.


And she enjoyed the front. I think I am going to have to get some sort of attachment for the bar to hold cups and snacks. There is a foam pad and cover that goes over the bar, but it is just not on it here.


Now- you may not be interested in this, but I am so excited about what a little coupon clipping can do for you. I will tell you what I bought with the store sale and what coupons I used to show you how I got these groceries for $14.44.

Milk, $3.39 (no coupons, just needed)
5 Publix Yogurts, $0.45 each (on sale from 0.55)
Green Giant Corn Steamers, $0.89 (on sale from 1.79) (used $1.00 off coupon, I earned $0.11)
Green Giant Broccolit Steamers, $1.19 (on sale from 2.39) (used $1.00 off coupon, made them $0.19)
Ore Ida Hash Browns, $2.50 (on sale from 2.99) (used $2.00 off coupon, made them $0.50)
Ore Ida French Fries, $2.50 (on sale from 2.99) (used $2.00 off coupon, made them $0.50)
2 boxes Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, $2.49 (on sale B1G1 free) (used $1.00 off coupon, made them $1.49)
2 boxes Old El Paso Dinner Kits, $2.93 (on sale B1G1 free) (used $1.00 off coupon, made them $1.93)
2 boxes Pasta Roni, $1.59 (on sale B1G1 free) (used 2 $0.50 coupons that were both doubled, so I made $0.41 here too)
4 boxes Hamburger/Chicken Helper, $1.89 each (on sale B1G1 free) (used $0.80 off of 3, which made them $2.98 for all 4)
2 boxes Cheerios, $1.99 (on sale for 3.49) (used 2 $1.00 off coupons, which made them $1.98 for both)
2 Spray & Wash, $2.79 (on sale B1G1 free) (used 2 $0.75 off coupons, which made them $1.29 for both)
2 Old El Paso Salsas, $2.39 (on sale B1G1 free) (used $1.00 off coupon, which made them $1.39 for both)
Maxwell House coffee, $2.50 (on sale for 3.39)

For the total, I used a $5 Piggly Wiggly coupon and a $2 CVS coupon, and somehow another coupon for $0.75 was on my receipt that I cannot figure out where it is from... but I am glad it was there! My total was $14.44, and I saved $46.42 today!!! Here are some Publix coupon tips for you... they take coupons from ANYWHERE! I had 2 printed off from Food Lion online and there is no Food Lion anywhere around here! They also double coupons that are $0.50 or less. And, if an item is B1G1 free, you can buy just one of the item for 1/2 price instead of having to buy both. Also, if you are buying a B1G1 free item, you can use 2 coupons to make it an even sweeter deal! That is how I got the frozen vegetables and the pasta roni for free (they actually paid me to take them home)! I am obsessed with coupons lately, but after this morning I don't feel so crazy. I hope anyone actually cares about this, and if you do- I put some links to other blogs of coupon clipping moms with several links to coupons on them.

4 comments:

Brittny said...

you are so much better at coupons than me!!! i tried, but never had the luck you seem to be having. moving to a new city and figuring out which stores are where doesn't help either. but you are motivating me to figure it out soon!

Emily said...

Girl...I am so impressed. I don't think I have the energy or time to figure all that out. But, your blogs make me want to try!

Amy said...

I need to learn so much from you. Please post where you find all of these coupons. I can't ever seem to find any. I do well at the CVS thing, but I rarely have any for the grocery store. I love all this info about Publix because that is where I shop!

Jennifer and Michael said...

Lindsey
You are a crazy coupon clipper! Way to save money! I love the stroller...it looks like it will work out great. Miss you
Jen

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers