Thursday, September 11, 2008

She Keeps Us Laughing!

I have had lots of posts on saving lately, and not too many about Kate. She is ALL over the place these days, and is constantly getting into things. As mischevious as she is, she really has such a good-natured personality. She is easy-going, and she is really developing social skills everyday. She tries her hardest to communicate with everyone, and you can understand a few words here and there. It makes her so happy when she is telling you about something and you catch on to what she is saying. This morning, she kept talking and talking and I finally caught on to the word "shoes" and when I grabbed her shoe and played along, she acted like I was totally speaking her language. She makes us laugh all the time, and I wanted to share a few funny pictures we have taken recently...

Want to know why she is soaking wet? Because she just couldn't stand to let me have a 5 minute shower without her little head poking in. Usually I set up soap bottles on top of the curtain edges so she cannot pull them easily and so they will fall, letting me know she is being nosy. Somehow, she managed to get by me and hold the curtain open the entire time I had my eyes closed, while I was washing my face! So when I rinsed off my face and opened my eyes, look who was practically in the shower with me...

Don't think she didn't enjoy it though! She squealed when she realized that I caught her. She thought she was pretty funny!

She has not been eating well for me AT ALL! I have been worried about her eating habits since she did not gain any weight from her 12 month to her 15 month visit, but her pediatrician is not concerned. She keeps telling me that toddlers' eating habits change daily, and that she just may not be in a growth spurt and need as much food right now. She told me not to worry about it, that Kate would eat when she gets hungry. She may not eat sitting in her high chair when I try to feed her, but she will eat standing up from her daddy! He was eating some leftover fried rice (of all things to capture her interest) and she could not get enough of it. She would take a few bites, then run around in circles waving her arms up and down- we call it her "spazzing out" move. I guess if she will eat this way, I will take it. I am tired of the battle of the wills when it comes to meal time.

We were putting stuff up in her nursery and Brandon put her in the swing for a minute to keep her occupied and she would not get out. I haven't put her in it in months because I thought she was too big and way too busy to sit still and enjoy it. Apparently, it is fun again, because she sat in it for a while watching us clean and organize stuff. I love the leg-up-lounge she has going on.

Brandon was putting a new pack of diapers in her basket that stays on her changing table shelf, but I guess he was too slow. She jumped right in. She had the best time sitting there, rocking herself back and forth every so often. I wish she would get this excited over the toys we have sitting all over the house!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Those pictures are so precious. My favorite is her in the swing. She looks so relaxed!

Jennifer and Michael said...

I loved the wet shower pics! That is so funny but it makes me miss her all the more :( She is such a character. Love you guys!

Kelbe said...

It's amazing how fast the grow. Congrats on your baby boy. I saw Kelly & Heath at the Kansas St. Game. Can I add you as a friend on my blog so I can keep in touch with your precious family. Take Care and God Bless you all! -Kelbe

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers