Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hanging Out In Greenville


Blake has been a busy man... sleeping the time away! He is staying awake longer and longer now, but he still sleeps a ton! He had an upset tummy yesterday, but after some huge diapers, we are better today. He is definitely a good eater, I cannot wait to see what he weighs at his 1 month checkup. He has spit up a handful of times, but not like reflux- at this point in Kate's life, we were using multiple burp cloths a day!

Here is Kate riding on her train. This train has a circular track or you can ride it on the floor. She has had a blast pressing all the buttons and figuring out that the pedal makes you go forwards. She makes the funniest face when she makes it move and it startles her. She has enjoyed all of her toys and books that Papa G and JoJo had waiting on her!

We have figured out that Blake does not care about being swaddled. Kate had to be wrapped tightly in the miracle blanket to sleep at night, but he will not have it! He grunted and groaned all night for a few nights until I tried letting him sleep without the miracle blanket. Last night, I just wrapped his legs to stay warm, but I let him keep his arms up by his head and he lasted around 4 hours between feeds without a sound! I am doing much better than I thought I would with him sleeping in our room... either he is very quiet or I am very tired!

Kate has enjoyed visiting with Grandma Slagley! Grandma figured out that Kate likes animal crackers, and when she brought Kate some, she found a friend for life! Sometimes Kate gets shy when she doesn't know someone, and she has been shy towards Grandma in the past. But, the past few days she has climbed up by Grandma with her books and toys and has given her some big hugs. It has been a great trip for Kate so far, she is the center of attention! That makes me feel great because she was getting a little less attention at home with us getting adjusted to Blake.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad to hear the trip is going well. Let us know when you get back in town and we'll have you guys over for supper.

Jennifer and Michael said...

Hey I love all the pics! It makes me feel a little closer to Alabama. Did you get anything in the mail before you headed to Greenville?

Unknown said...

Hey Lindsey!
I love reading your blog. Your little family is adorable! I see that Kate had bad reflux. Ward has TERRIBLE reflux and I wanted to talk to you! Email me at amanda.welden@gmail.com
Thankd Lindsey!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers