Thursday, January 8, 2009

2 Month Stats

We went to the doctor yesterday for Blake's 2 month checkup. He weighs 12 and 1/2 pounds now and is almost 24 inches long! He is in the 75% for both height and weight, so he is growing just fine! I asked her all about letting him cry himself to sleep and she made me feel much better. She said that it is perfectly fine to let him cry when I know he is full because he needs to learn how to put himself to sleep. She also made me feel better about the nighttime crying. She said that when he wakes up in the middle of the night, let him cry/whimper for 5-10 minutes before I get him out to eat just to make sure he really is hungry. I did it last night and he went from 11 until 4:30, so I feel pretty rested. I can't complain because I am just going back to bed shortly after while Brandon's alarm is going off for the day. He is doing an anesthesiology rotation in Tuscaloosa, so he has to leave extra early, but he has been home by lunchtime every day. It is a nice rotation to ease me back into normal life without him here. And YES, I am very aware of how lucky I have been to have him home with me and the kids this whole time!
Another few tidbits from the doctor... She said that it looks like Blake's dark skin and true blue eyes are here to stay, which will be an interesting combo since we are used to our pasty white Kate and her bright blue eyes. His hair is sort of strawberry-blondish/brown, but it is growing in white at the roots- another interesting combo! But, she said if his hair is still here now, it probably will not fall out. You know how his hair stands straight up in the back (we cannot get it down)- well, the nurse thought she was hilarious when he was screaming after a shot and she said, "It hurt so bad it made his hair stand straight up." I told her that it actually looks like that all the time, and that my family calls him Rooster.
Do you think that I will ever have a child without reflux? I am tired of ruining clothes! It is just 9 AM and we have already changed Blake's clothes and mine twice and I am washing his swing cover since he had projectile spit up in the swing and all over me twice! Most of my t-shirts have a grease stain on them from the fat in the milk (maybe that is too much information) that he spits up. Worse than that, he looks miserable when he crunches his legs up around his tummy and just cannot stop moving. He is really not a fussy baby- thank you, Lord- which is surprising since I know he is uncomfortable. Maybe I am just wishful thinking, but I would like to sometime feed a baby and have them actually keep it down!

6 comments:

jane said...

i hate how the spit-up makes a greasy stain! i definately know what you mean-- hoping this next one doesn't have reflux too--- but i think my sister's and i all did, so...
if you find a good solution to the greasy spots- please share... i have about 3.5 months before dealing w/ them again ;-)

The Barkers said...

Lindsey,

I have really loved reading your blog. James is about a month behind Blake and it has been really fun to read. I completely relate with the spit-up. I think we go through every bib, burp cloth, & James' entire wardrobe everyday!!

Emily said...

Thanks for the update. That's awesome that he is sleeping that well. Hopefully, it will just get better! That's early for Brandon to hit the road but at least he's home by lunch.

Lauren said...

So happy you guys are doing well. Yall are the most precious family!

The Hill Family said...

Hi Lindsey, It's Tiffany from Brookwood. I was looking at Courtney Baxley's blog and I saw the link to yours. I also have a blog it's
www.hill-billy4.blogspot.com
I had no idea you had another baby! I am pregnant with my 3rd due in Sept! It's so cute to see all the pics of your fam! Congrats.

Emily said...

So I'm agreeing with everyone else relating to the spit-up. It's odd to think of having a baby who actually does not start off needing to constantly wear a bib and need a burp cloth nearby! Burp cloths are actually now a security object for Abby Jane because we never were without one for sooooo long. She stopped spitting up forever ago, but we still keep burp cloths around for whatever they may come in handy for, and she loves to hug them tight! So you're in good company, though I'm sorry for your laundry!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers