Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Mmmmm

We had homemade chocolate croissants a few weeks ago at Bible study, and I have been dying for them ever since! I found a recipe and decided to try and make them. These are the ingredients- butter, butter, butter, milk, flour, oil, eggs, sugar (in the canister), yeast and water.
Make a ball of dough, set it out to rise. And rise, and rise!

Roll it out into a huge rectangle, and place a big rectangle of butter in the middle. At the very beginning, you shape softened butter into the rectangle and chill on a cookie sheet.


You fold up the dough around it and pinch the edges tight. You roll that out and then fold it into thirds, chill, roll, fold, chill, etc.



Finally, you have a smaller rectangle and wrap it and chill it for 8 hours. I just let it chill and rise overnight, and it busted through the foil!


You split the final dough into 4 equal parts, roll it out to flat circles, cut into 6 wedges.







You roll the wedges wide side towards small point and bend into crescent shape.



If you want to add a special twist, you put chocolate in the wide end before you roll it up.











Let them rise once again, and then bake. Luckily they only bake for 8 minutes, because once you smell it, you won't be able to wait!



They are a huge bite of buttery goodness! Especially great when they are warm. This recipe makes 2 dozen, so I made 1 dozen regular and 1 dozen chocolate filled. Brandon doesn't care for the chocolate ones, so we have some of each. I highly recommend this recipe, if you have time to let bread rise and rise and rise!







Who could resist a bite into chocolate filled buttery croissant?!


The full recipe is here, it is from Southern Living.

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

holy smokes that looks good

L-Mo said...

Are you bringing these to Bible study tomorrow? :)

Wanting What I Have said...

Oh YUM! Can I come over??? I'm making these the next time it's my turn to take something for Bible Study! So glad you shared!

Jennifer and Michael said...

Wow! I am impressed. What a baker you are, good job. I only wished I lived close enough to come over and have one. Miss ya

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers