Sunday, February 19, 2012

Morgan's Baptism

These days, Blake always wants to play games on our phones or the Kindle Fire I got for Christmas. I learned the hard way to turn off the wireless internet before I give it to him. A lot of games have pop up ads leading to amazon.com, and I would get emails on my phone saying "Thank you for your purchase," from Amazon, and a few were NOT cheap. Luckily, I was able to let them know that my son ordered them on accident, and they cancelled the orders. This boy keeps me on my toes! And, he plays games on phones/kindle/ipad WAY better than I could!











Kate is constantly wanting to "help" with anything I am doing. Laundry, dishes, cooking, cleaning countertops, etc. Sometimes it really is helpful, but it is mostly making things take 10 times longer and I end up re-doing them. BUT, I am trying to show her that I appreciate her willingness to help and that it is a great thing to want to help me, so we keep on going! She is making me realize that time is flying by, she seems so old!










And sweet Morgan! She is still easy going and loves watching all that goes on around her. I have to admit, I have not been a schedule nazi like I was with the others, so she has taken a little longer to sleep COMPLETELY through the night. She is getting on a more normal schedule for a 7 month old. I think part of her crazy night schedule is my fault, because I hear her and think, "I will just feed her now, I am already up. At least I can go back to sleep afterwards," etc. But, it creates a bad habit! I have turned on a quiet sound maching by my bed so it drowns out the small noises but I still hear her crying, and that has helped.



Morgan was baptized this morning, and it was sweet. Brandon got to say a little word about how we pray her life would exemplify Psalm 63 as she would thirst and long for Him alone, and how we are thankful that God does not love her for her good merit, but because of His amazing grace. What a sweet reminder to all of us just how much He loves us!


Our quick attempt at a family picture didn't really work, but at least we captured the moment for a memory!

4 comments:

Elizabeth and David said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun. What a special day for your family today. Very special Brandon could saw some sweet words on such a special occasion. You look so pretty too LIndsey!

Anna Bean said...

Your kids are so cute! They are getting so big. The picture at the baptism is great of all of you- so precious. Your hair looks awesome:-)

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

the finley family said...

we miss you all!! sweet pictures and cute family picture :)!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers