Saturday, March 3, 2012

How is She This Big?

I feel like I look at Morgan daily and think she isn't such a baby anymore! In the last week, she has completely weaned (begrudgingly) from nursing, cut her two bottom teeth, is feeding herself little bitty vegetables and puffs, and has started "scooting." She gets a little further each time. I will put her down, turn around for a second, and then notice she had gotten into something I thought she couldn't reach!
Brandon's grandma cross stitched a blanket for each child, and Morgan is sitting on her personalized blanket to play in one if these pictures. Grandma spent a long time working on it, and I am thankful each child has a special blanket just from her!
I added a fussy picture so I could show Morgan's two teeth, which is why she has been unusually fussy! Since day one, Morgan has refused to take a bottle, so she has been at my side HER WHOLE LIFE! Once the tooth started coming in, we had to figure something out. I tried to casually wean, offer a bottle first, then would end up nursing every time. So, I ended up quitting nursing cold turkey and it took a whole day before she would even try a bottle. Now she is all bottles! Which is also nice so Daddy can get some feeding time in there too!
These are milestones for me to keep up with, so it may be of NO importance to anyone else. I love my babies, and it is fun to watch them grow!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Lindsay, what bits of veggies are you feeding Morgan. I feel like Will is ready to move beyond puffs but i'm not sure what to give him. I guess i'm a little freaked out about choking (first time mom) so I don't know what is acceptable to cut up.

tom finley said...

i think morgan looks just like kate when she was a baby in the picture of her sitting on the quilt! sooooooo cute!!! miss you all!
xoxo,
katie

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers