Friday, March 14, 2008

Don't Make Me Jump!


Kate loves to stand up on ANYTHING, even the footboard of our bed! No- I did not let her do this long, but she was looking at the floor like, "should I jump?" and "how do I get there?" and she was confused as to how she was standing but was so much higher than usual. While I get dressed, she loves to crawl around the bed. I stack up the covers and she crawls over them like hills. She is so funny when she stands because she automatically goes into Jumperoo mode and starts bouncing. P.S.- look at all the hair she has gotten!
Also, I am happy to report some progress in the napping routine. Yesterday, I took Kate to her room, read a book, sang a song, and rocked her for just a minute, and put her down. She whined for just a second, and then slept soundly for an hour and a half. We still have our moments though, and yesterday afternoon she only slept for 30 minutes. However, I am still glad to not listen to screaming for 45+ minutes! We keep praying that she will learn that it is not punishment to be in her bed, but it is just a time of peace and rest!
A funny note- Kate laughs out loud every time the weather maps come on TV. We have the Today Show going each morning (so I feel like I am in touch with the outside world), and the weather comes on every few minutes. Each time the weather maps come on, Kate stares at the TV and laughs so hard so it sounds like: giggle, huge inhale, giggle, huge inhale, etc. I just cannot imagine my life without this sweet girl that makes me laugh!

1 comment:

Allyson said...

I was a couple posts behind but I am happy to hear I am not the only one who struggles with naptime. (Not that I am glad that you have that problem but I dont feel like such a bad mom now). I cannot get the girls to nap in their cribs but they will sleep everywhere else! A least they sleep in their cribs well at night...

Enjoyed the pictures! She is growing up so much and is so beautiful!!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers