Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Kate loves Pop and Uncle D

Kate says, "Hey Everybody!"
Brandon was on call Friday night and Sunday night this weekend so Kate and I packed up and headed to stay with my dad and my brother. It is just more fun to have other people around to talk to me, and to entertain Kate! She loves playing with them! Brandon got to come home for Saturday afternoon, but he headed out early Sunday morning! We grilled out Friday night and ate some burgers and watched a movie (No Country For Old Men- do not waste your time, it was horrible!). Saturday, Dad got some hands on time with Kate while I went shopping for fabric and patterns to make Kate some more clothes. Saturday night, Derek had several friends over to cook out and play Corn Hole (toss the beanbag into the hole in a raised board, for those who have not enjoyed this game before). Brandon was home, so he loved hanging out with Kate before he had to disappear for another few days. Once we got Kate bathed and ready for her bedtime bottle, Brandon and I went to Brusters- I love their ice cream in a waffle bowl! We came home and Kate was sound asleep on her Pop (who was also sound asleep).
I worked all day Sunday, which was another great reason to stay out there, so I didn't have to pack Kate up at the crack of dawn to drive her out to my dad. I left a little after 6 and Kate was still sound asleep, and I came home around 7:30 that night and Kate was ready for bed. It was strange to miss an ENTIRE day with her! I guess I have worked mostly half shifts since I had her, because I called a few times just to see what she was doing! I left a detailed schedule for my dad and Derek, and I think she stuck to it pretty well. Dad said he was exhausted after playing all day. It is amazing how much more and how much faster Kate crawls when she has more space. She also is taking real steps (not just me pulling her along) when you hold her hands or she holds your legs. Kelly was walking with her the other night and she was shocked at how fast Kate puts those legs out there! Dad would walk her from the kitchen through the dining room, into the den and she would be smiling ear to ear... it will not be long before this little girl is walking on her own! She has also really started to love her toy that she stands behind and walks when it moves. We just have to make sure she isn't on a slick surface! Derek said that he had an "epic nap" with Kate on the hammock outside in the afternoon- I was a little jealous since I was working and didn't even see the sun all day long! Kate also showed Derek how much fun she was having with him when he tried to leave and she went nuts. He said he came back to her and she was fine, but when he left she lost it again. She is a girl who knows what she wants!
Another good update on the napping, I was even able to put Kate down in her crib at her grandparents' house and she went to sleep without screaming. At home, she has even stopped scaling her bumper and crib rails when I leave the room, she just stays there with her head down and goes to sleep shortly after. I am aware that since I just wrote that, we will probably regress and have horrible naptimes from now on, but I had to brag on her!

1 comment:

Ole Miss Mom said...

Please post what you're sewing! I love getting ideas from friends! I'm really bad at the creative-putting-it-together thing. But I can sew all day.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers